Various concerts outside
Choose from these weekly Friday concert series, all free:
• “Wine Down Friday,” 1-5 p.m. with Joan Burton, at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. Details at 399-9463 orwww.labelleamie.com
• Jim Quick & Coastline, 6:30 p.m. in parking lot of Museum of Coastal Carolina, 21 E. Second St., Ocean Isle Beach, N.C.(910-579-1016
). Details at910-253-2031
• Too Much Sylvia, 7-9 p.m. in North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex, S.C. 90 and Robert Edge Parkway. 280-5570, ext. 1, orparks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=18
• “Nashville Fridays,” 9 p.m. with Old Moonshine Southern Revival, at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along the Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 orwww.boathousemb.com
Join Strand Cinema
The Strand Cinema group begins a new weekend of movies: “Alan Partridge” (from 2013), 2:30 p.m. and “Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me!” (2013), 7 p.m.; then on Saturday: “As High as the Sky” (2013), 2:30 p.m. and “Wet Behind the Ears” (2013), 7 p.m. Details at 527-2924 or www.strandcinema.org.
Two movies for free
See a movie for free in two proximate Myrtle Beach sites near The Market Common:
• For adults and seniors: “Endless Love,” starring Alex Pettyfer and rated PG-13, 3 p.m. in Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane. Details at 918-2380.
• “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs,” from 2009, at dusk, about 9 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway. 839-3500 orwww.marketcommonmb.com
‘Opry,’ ‘Vibrations’ discount
Local discounts, covering residents of 12 proximate counties, including Horry, Georgetown and Brunswick (N.C.), continue through Sept. 13 for “The Carolina Opry“ and “The Good Vibrations Show.” Details at 913-4441, 800-843-6779 or www.thecarolinaopry.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach