Trio of ‘Mopars’ events
The third annual “Mopars at the Beach” continues daily through Sunday with these events on this day. Details at www.moparsatthebeach.com:
• “Race Challenge,” noon-5 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Speedway, off U.S. 501, near Tanger Outlets and Carolina Forest (353-1692). $27.50 to participate with preregistration, otherwise $30 and $5 spectators.
• “Off-Road Challenge,” 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Battery Park Off Road, 98 Harvest Road, Nesmith, near Hemingway (319-3504). $27.50 to participate with preregistration, otherwise $30 and $5 spectators.
• Cruise-in and barbecue, 7-10 p.m. for all cars, with Hot Rod Promotions, at Wheels of Yesteryear auto and truck museum (903-4774), 413 Hospitality Lane, off U.S. 501, near Carolina Forest, across from Tanger Outlets, by Myrtle Beach Speedway. Free, but preregistration requested.
Free concerts at three sites
• “Wine Wednesday,” with Ed Torres, noon-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. 399-9463 orwww.labelleamie.com
• Six Stylez, 6:30-8:30 p.m. in Sunset Beach (N.C.) Village Park gazebo on Queen Anne Street. Details at
• Oceanfront Merchants Association’s “Hot Summer Nights,” 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, Mr. Joe White Avenue at North Ocean Boulevard,www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com
Benefit dinner at VFW
The public’s invited to an all-you-can-eat spaghetti, meatballs and sausage dinner benefit. Reservations at 651-6900.
Book sale at library
The Friends of the Surfside Beach Library has a book sale on the second Wednesday monthly. Details at 205-5280 orwww.hcml.org.
Movie at Myrtle Waves
“Dive-In Movie Nights” conclude, on this evening with “Space Jam,” starring Bugs Bunny and Michael Jordan, from 1996. Park opens 10 a.m. daily. Details at 913-9260 or www.myrtlewaves.com.
Murphy comedy in series
A “Classic Film Series” continues, with screenings at 2 p.m. Sundays and 2 and 7 p.m. Wednesdays, with one more day of “Beverly Hills Cop,” starring Eddie Murphy from 1984. Details at 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach