Twin bill at rec center
The Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Farrow Parkway and The Market Common, has two special events. Details at 918-2380:• Movie for adults and seniors: “Robocop,” starring Joel Kinnaman and Michael Keaton, rated PG-13, 3 p.m., free.
• Senior dance, 7-10 p.m. with Rosalie Drust as disc jockey, $7. More details at 570-881-0244, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Various concerts outside
Choose from these weekly Friday concert series, all free:• “Wine Down Friday,” 1-5 p.m. with Paul Grimshaw, at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. Details at 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
• Rick Strickland Band, 6:30 p.m. in parking lot of Museum of Coastal Carolina, 21 E. Second St., Ocean Isle Beach, N.C. (910-579-1016). Details at 910-253-2031 or www.brunswickcountync.gov.
• New Direction, and Royal Descendants, 7 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 5435 Main St., Loris. 756-1629 or www.lorisfpc.com.
• “Nashville Fridays,” 9 p.m. with Johnny T., at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along the Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 or www.boathousemb.com.
Also, N.C. native Jason Michael Carroll, at Myrtle Beach Speedway Amphitheater, Myrtle Beach Speedway, 455 Hospitality Lane, off U.S. 501, near Tanger Outlets and Carolina Forest; gates open 6 p.m. $20. 353-1691, 704-886-2400 or www.myrtlebeachspeedway.com.
Chorale sings in gardens
Details | 5-9 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens (open 9:30 a.m. daily), on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach; free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12.
Get outdoors for movies
Two cities’ summer-fall outdoor movie series continue, both for free and on select Fridays:
• “Movies at McLean,” 15 minutes after sunset on second Friday monthly in North Myrtle Beach’s McLean Park, 93 Oak Drive, south of Main Street, between First and Second avenues south — “Despicable Me 2,” 8:30 p.m. Aug. 8; “Frozen,” 7:40 p.m. Sept. 12; and “Hotel Transylvania,” 7 p.m. Oct. 10. 280-5570, ext. 1, or parks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=128.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach