Extra hours at museum
Catch a trio of summer exhibits: “Classic Images: Photography by Ansel Adams,” through Sept. 21, and “Claire Ferrell: A is for Art” and “Track of the Rainbow Serpent: Australian Aboriginal Paintings of the Wolfe Creek Crater,” both through Sept. 14. Details at 238-2510 or www.myrtlebeachartmuseum.org.
Details | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays, 1-4 p.m. Sundays, and through Aug. 17, open until 5 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays, and 8 p.m. Wednesdays-Thursdays, at Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum, 3100 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, free.
‘Rio’ in family series
The “Summer Kids Series,” with a different family movie at 10 a.m. every Thursday, continues with “Rio.” Details at 272-6598 or www.carmike.com/Events/Category/8.
Get up close at zoo
“Cool Summer Evenings” continue, with extended hours for two more nights, including on this day: “Up Close at the Zoo,” 5 p.m., with “Animal Tracks-Nature Detective,” as well as live performances of “Snow White” at 6 p.m. in Enchanted Storybook Forest, and “A Child’s Frontier Life” creek cruises, 5, 6 and 7 p.m., for an extra $8 ages 13 and older, and $4 ages 4-12. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
Concert series outside
Choose from these free outdoor concerts:
• Blackwater Rhythm & Blues, 6:30 p.m. in Calabash (N.C.) Town Park, 868 Persimmon Road. Details at 910-253-2031 or
• “Music on Main,” with The Wannabees, 7-9 p.m. at 202 Main St., North Myrtle Beach. 280-5570, ext. 1, orparks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=11
• “Music on the Green,” with Painted Man, 7-10 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-3500 orwww.marketcommonmb.com
• “Hot Summer Nights,” with Nickel Bag of Funk, 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard.www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com
Movies in two parks
Two towns have movies outside, both for free:
• “Mr. Peabody & Sherman,” 9 p.m. in Surfside Beach’s Martin Field, at Dogwood Drive and Sixth Avenue South, free. Details at 650-9548 orwww.surfsidebeach.org
• “The Nut Job,” at dusk, in Rourk Gardens, on Main Street in Shallotte, N.C., across from Jerome’s Steak & Seafood. 910-253-2031 orwww.brunswickcountync.gov
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach