Who’s up for a party? There are several to choose from over the next few weeks, and most of them are free. For the kiddos, there’s a Back-to-School Bash (already?), some craft activities, free workshops and more. Here’s what’s happening:
• The Children’s Museum of South Carolina is holding a Back-to-School Bash from 5-8 p.m. Friday for students of all ages and their families. This event includes free admission to the museum, child safety and other educational vendors, games, face painting, balloon art and costumed characters.
Never miss a local story.
• The Boathouse, 201 Fantasy Harbour Blvd., is hosting a JerryFest to commemorate the life and death of Jerry Garcia of The Grateful Dead on Sunday. Admission is free. This is an all-day music festival with performances by Dos Hermanos, Rumpke Mountain Boys, Terrapin Flyer, The Possums and Billy Wright.
• Bass Pro Shops, 10177 N. Kings Highway, is holding a Next Generation Weekend event Saturday and Sunday, noon to 5 p.m., as part of its 2014 Fall Hunting Classic. Admission is free. This event includes kids’ crafts, giveaways, a “Fall in the Outdoors” kids’ workshop, a BB-shooting range and a free photo. Go to www.basspro.com for the schedule.
• The town of Surfside Beach is holding a Beach Luau on the beach by the Surfside Beach pier from 6-10 p.m. Admission is free. This event includes live music, a fire and hula show at 7:30 p.m. and concessions. You may want to bring a blanket or chairs.
• Castano’s Italian Steakhouse is throwing a Beach Party from 4 p.m. to close every Tuesday and Wednesday through Aug. 27. Admission is free. This event includes burger and drink specials, flip-flops, sand buckets, sunglasses, beach music and more.
• La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road in Little River, is hosting a “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Oldies Music Fest” Saturday from noon to 5 p.m. Admission is $8, but for three canned goods to be donated to local food banks, you will receive a $3 discount on admission. The festival includes live music, wine tasting, a gift shop, food and drink vendors, and a vineyard tour.
• Pottery Barn is hosting a free class, “Autumnal Decorating,” Sunday at 10:30 a.m. All attendees will get a 10 percent discount on featured products. Registration is requested, 238-0361.