‘Lego Movie’ in series
The “Summer Kids Series,” with a different family movie at 10 a.m. every Thursday, continues with “The Lego Movie.” Details at 272-6598 or www.carmike.com/Events/Category/8.
Details | Carmike Cinemas 12 at Myrtle Beach Mall, U.S.17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for $4, including a small popcorn and small beverage.
Zoo insight in gardens
Never miss a local story.
“Cool Summer Evenings” continue, with extended hours Wednesdays-Fridays through Aug. 8, including on Thursdays: “Up Close at the Zoo,” 5 p.m., this time with “Snakes Alive!” as well as a live performance of “The Cat in the Hat” at 6 p.m. in Enchanted Storybook Forest, and “A Child’s Frontier Life” creek cruises, 5, 6 and 7 p.m., for an extra $8 ages 13 and older, and $4 ages 4-12. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
Details | 5-9 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens (open 9:30 a.m. daily), on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach; free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12.
Reception for exhibit
Details | 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Sunset River Marketplace, 10283 Beach Drive S.W. (N.C. 179), Calabash, N.C., free.
Six free outdoor concerts
Choose from these free outdoor concerts series:
• Night Flight featuring Michael James and Bernie Kenerson, 4-8 p.m. at Hammock Shops Village, on U.S. 17 in Pawleys Island. 237-8448 orwww.thehammockshops.com
• Both at 6:30 p.m. — Homemade Jam, in Calabash (N.C.) Town Park, 868 Persimmon Road, and Jim Quick & Coastline, in Rourk Gardens, on Main Street in Shallotte, N.C.910-253-2031
• “Music on Main,” with the Fantastic Shakers, 7-9 p.m. in North Myrtle Beach’s Horseshoe, at Main Street and Ocean Boulevard. 280-5570, ext. 1, orparks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=11
• “Music on the Green,” with Josh Brannon Band, 7-10 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-3500 orwww.marketcommonmb.com
• “Hot Summer Nights,” with Not Yet Rated, 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard.ww.myrtlebeachdowntown.com
‘Movies After Dark’
Surfside Beach presents “Movies After Dark” on Thursdays for another summer, on this night with “Kung Fu Panda.” Details at 650-9548 or www.surfsidebeach.org.
Details | 9 p.m. in the town’s Martin Field, at Dogwood Drive and Sixth Avenue South, for free.
History program at bridge
The Old Bridge Preservation Society, in Brunswick County, N.C., presents “Family Fun Nights” on Thursdays through mid-August, on this evening with an “If Bridges Could Talk“ history program. Details at 910-363-6586 or oldbridgepreservationsociety.org.
Details | 5-7 p.m. at Old Swing Bridge, 109 Shoreline Drive W., Sunset Beach, N.C., for free.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach