NOPI show at speedway
The NOPI (Number One Parts Inc.) Nationals Car Show continues, opening 10 a.m. daily through Sunday. Details at 353-1692, or www.myrtlebeachspeedway.com, and nopinationals.com
Choice of cruise-ins
Choose from two cruise-ins for all cars, and both for free:
• Myrtle Beach Car Club, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Surfside Shine Car Wash, 600 U.S. 17 Business S., Surfside Beach (997-3992); event details at 742-9802.
• Hot Rod Promotions, 1-4 p.m. at Tee Box Tavern, 4620 Dick Pond Road (S.C. 544), Socastee. 503-8245.
Trio of local plays
• Theatre of the Republic’s Coastal Youth Theatre in Walt Disney’s “Aladdin Jr.,” 3 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main St., Conway, for $15 adults and $7 children. 488-0821 orwww.theatreoftherepublic.com
• Brunswick Little Theatre in “Into the Woods,” 7:30 p.m. (and on Aug. 1-2) and 3 p.m. Sundays through Aug. 3 at Brunswick Community College Odell Williamson Auditorium, off U.S. 17 in Supply, N.C., for $18 ages 13 and older, $12 students with ID, and $6 ages 12 and younger. Box office at 910-755-7416; 800-754-1050, ext. 7416; or
. Troupe details at 910-471-7741 orwww.brunswicklittletheatre.com
• Swamp Fox Players in “Hairspray,” at 8 p.m. (and finale 2:30 p.m. Sunday), at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown, for $18. 527-2924 or
Grasstowne jams outside
The Oceanfront Merchants Association presents concerts on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays during “Hot Summer Nights,” on this evening with Grasstowne playing bluegrass. Details at www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
‘High Steppin’ revue’
The “High Steppin’ Country” musical revue continues its 38th summer, with shows for the public on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Details at 447-7359.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach