‘Nut Job’ at theater
The “Summer Kids Series,” with a different family movie at 10 a.m. every Thursday, continues with “The Nut Job.” Details at 272-6598 or www.carmike.com/Events/Category/8.
Details | at Carmike Cinemas 12 at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S.17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for $4, including a small popcorn and small beverage.
See Brookgreen zoo
Never miss a local story.
“Cool Summer Evenings“ continue, with extended hours Wednesdays-Fridays through Aug. 8, including on Thursdays: “Up Close at the Zoo,” 5 p.m., this time with “Raptors – Predators of the Air,” with zoo staff, as well as live performances of classic stories and nursery rhymes at 6 p.m. in Enchanted Storybook Forest, and “A Child‘s Frontier Life“ creek cruises, 5, 6 and 7 p.m., for an extra $8 ages 13 and older, and $4 ages 4-12. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
Details | 5-9 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens (open 9:30 a.m. daily), on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach; free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12.
Concerts go outside
Choose from these free outdoor concerts:
• Summer jazz series with Night Flight featuring Michael James and Bernie Kenerson, 4-8 p.m. (and 1-5 p.m. Sunday) at Hammock Shops Village, on U.S. 17 in Pawleys Island. 237-8448 orwww.thehammockshops.com
• Band of Oz, 6:30 p.m. in Rourk Gardens, on Main Street in Shallotte, N.C.910-253-2031
• “Music on Main,” with the Fat Jack Band, 7-9 p.m. at North Myrtle Beach’s Horseshoe, at Main Street and Ocean Boulevard. 280-5570, ext. 1, orparks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=11
• “Music on the Green,” with Hot Sauce, 7-10 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-3500 orwww.marketcommonmb.com
• “Hot Summer Nights,” with C2 and the Brothers Reed, 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard.www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com
‘Hairspray’ on stage
The Swamp Fox Players being a final weekend of “Hairspray,” at 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sundays. Details at 527-2924 or www.swampfoxplayers.com.
Details | at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown, for $18.
‘Marmaduke’ in field
Surfside Beach presents “Movies After Dark“ on Thursdays this summer, on this night with “Marmaduke.” Details at 650-9548 or www.surfsidebeach.org.
Details | 9 p.m. in the town‘s Martin Field, at Dogwood Drive and Sixth Avenue South, for free.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach