Slew of special events
• Finale of 13th annual Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach, with East Coast’s Largest Mustang and SVT Cruise-In, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. Free. 919-274-6779 orwww.mustangweek.com
. Reach mall at 272 4040 orwww.shopmyrtlebeachmall.com
• “Remembering Myrtle Beach: A Local History Series,” with Wayne Vereen of Vereen Construction, 11 a.m. at Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N., at Kings Highway. Free. 918-1282 orwww.chapinlibrary.org
• Myrtle Beach Car Club cruise-in, noon-3 p.m. at NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, near Garden City Beach. Free. 742-9802.
• Artists’ reception for painters Lynne Finlay, Margo Flynn and Nancy Stringer, 1-5 p.m. at Jewelry By Wendy, 10152 Beach Drive, Calabash, N.C. Free. 910-575-0024 orwww.jewelrybywendy.com
• “Summer Parrot Head Fest,” noon-6 p.m., with music until 5 p.m. by The Lanny Prewitt Band, and The Fin City Trio, at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $8, and bring two canned/dry good items for area food banks and receive $3 off admission. 399-9463 orwww.labelleamie.com
• Tibby Plants, author of “Meena Mouse’s Perfect Raspberry,” book signing, 1-3 p.m. at Clock Tower (formerly Harborwalk) Books, 105 Screven St., Georgetown. 546-8212.
• Peach Festival, 4-7 p.m. at St. Paul’s Waccamaw United Methodist Church, 180 St. Paul’s Place, Litchfield Beach, off Willbrook Boulevard, west of U.S. 17. Free. 237-2294 or www.saintpaulsumc.com.
• Third annual “Brews-a-palooza” 5-9 p.m., for free, and concert by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, with CNC, 9 p.m. at House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, for $29. 272-3000 orwww.hob.com/myrtlebeach
• “Family Fun Night” bowling, benefiting Sav-R-Cats International adoption center (222-8057 orwww.sav-r-cats.com
), 6-10 p.m. at Surfside Bowl Entertainment Center, 510 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach. Bowl for two hours for $5, including shoe rental. 238-2695 orwww.surfsidebowlingcenter.com
• Theatre of the Republic’s annual Torry Awards, 7:30-9:30 p.m. in Main Street Theatre, 335 Main St., Conway, for $15, then 45th anniversary party outside afterward (about 9:30 p.m.) on Main Street, between Third and Fourth avenues, for free. 488-0821 orwww.theatreoftherepublic.com
• Oceanfront Merchants Association “Hot Summer Nights” concert The Rootsoul Project, 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard. Free.www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach