Things to do in the Myrtle Beach area on July 19
07/18/2014 5:00 PM
07/17/2014 4:09 PM
Slew of special events• Finale of 13th annual Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach, with East Coast’s Largest Mustang and SVT Cruise-In, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. Free. 919-274-6779 or www.mustangweek.com. Reach mall at 272 4040 or www.shopmyrtlebeachmall.com.
• “Remembering Myrtle Beach: A Local History Series,” with Wayne Vereen of Vereen Construction, 11 a.m. at Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N., at Kings Highway. Free. 918-1282 or www.chapinlibrary.org.
• Myrtle Beach Car Club cruise-in, noon-3 p.m. at NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, near Garden City Beach. Free. 742-9802.
• Artists’ reception for painters Lynne Finlay, Margo Flynn and Nancy Stringer, 1-5 p.m. at Jewelry By Wendy, 10152 Beach Drive, Calabash, N.C. Free. 910-575-0024 or www.jewelrybywendy.com.
• “Summer Parrot Head Fest,” noon-6 p.m., with music until 5 p.m. by The Lanny Prewitt Band, and The Fin City Trio, at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $8, and bring two canned/dry good items for area food banks and receive $3 off admission. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
• Tibby Plants, author of “Meena Mouse’s Perfect Raspberry,” book signing, 1-3 p.m. at Clock Tower (formerly Harborwalk) Books, 105 Screven St., Georgetown. 546-8212.
• Peach Festival, 4-7 p.m. at St. Paul’s Waccamaw United Methodist Church, 180 St. Paul’s Place, Litchfield Beach, off Willbrook Boulevard, west of U.S. 17. Free. 237-2294 or www.saintpaulsumc.com.
• Third annual “Brews-a-palooza” 5-9 p.m., for free, and concert by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, with CNC, 9 p.m. at House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, for $29. 272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
• “Family Fun Night” bowling, benefiting Sav-R-Cats International adoption center (222-8057 or www.sav-r-cats.com), 6-10 p.m. at Surfside Bowl Entertainment Center, 510 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach. Bowl for two hours for $5, including shoe rental. 238-2695 or www.surfsidebowlingcenter.com.
• Theatre of the Republic’s annual Torry Awards, 7:30-9:30 p.m. in Main Street Theatre, 335 Main St., Conway, for $15, then 45th anniversary party outside afterward (about 9:30 p.m.) on Main Street, between Third and Fourth avenues, for free. 488-0821 or www.theatreoftherepublic.com.
• Oceanfront Merchants Association “Hot Summer Nights” concert The Rootsoul Project, 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard. Free. www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.