Solo exhibit at CCU
The “Herb Reith: Solo Exhibition” continues 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays and 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Fridays through Aug. 7. Details at 349-6454 – call to arrange up-close parking for anyone with a disability or mobility matter – or www.coastal.edu/bryanartgallery.
Two movies for free
See a movie for free in two proximate Myrtle Beach sites near The Market Common:
• For adults and seniors: “Anchorman 2,” starring Will Ferrell, Steve Carell and Paul Rudd, and rated PG-13, 3 p.m. in Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane. Details at 918-2380.
• “Honey, I Shrunk The Kids,” from 1989, at dusk, about 9 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway. 839-3500 orwww.marketcommonmb.com
Various concerts outside
Choose from these weekly Friday concert series, all free:
• “Wine Down Friday,” 1-5 p.m. with local entertainers, at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River. Details at 399-9463 orwww.labelleamie.com
• The Embers featuring Craig Woolard, 6:30 p.m. in parking lot of Museum of Coastal Carolina, 21 E. Second St. (910-579-1016). Details at 910-253-2031 orwww.brunswickcountync.gov
• “Nashville Fridays,” 9 p.m. with Ricky Young, at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along the Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 orwww.boathousemb.com
Also, monthly “Sounds of Summer,” 7-9 p.m. on third Friday monthly at North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex, at S.C. 90 and Robert Edge Parkway, on this evening with the Pam Taylor Band. 280-5570, ext. 1, or parks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=18.
Pancakes for charity
The Surfside Beach Police Department will help serve a pancake supper to benefit Special Olympics South Carolina (so-sc.org). Details at 913-6368.
‘Hairspray’ on stage
The Swamp Fox Players continue performances of “Hairspray,” at 8 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays, and on July 24, and 2:30 p.m. Sundays. Details at 527-2924 or www.swampfoxplayers.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach