Three special screenings
• “Despicable Me 2” in weekly “Summer Kids Series,” 10 a.m. at Carmike Cinemas 12 at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S.17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for $4, including a small popcorn and small beverage. Details at 272-6598 orwww.carmike.com
Never miss a local story.
• “The Grateful Dead Meet Up,” 7:30 p.m. at Cinemark at Coastal Grand mall, off Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach, for $12.50 adult, $11.50 senior/student, and $10.50 child. 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com.
• “Madagascar 3” in weekly “Movies After Dark,” 9 p.m. in Surfside Beach’s Martin Field, at Dogwood Drive and Sixth Avenue South, for free. 650-9548 or
Hobcaw ‘Wild’ weekly
“Wild Wednesdays,” for ages 5-10, happens weekly through July 30, in this day with “History Mystery: Waccamaw’s True Natives.” Register at 546-4623. Details at www.hobcawbarony.org.
Details | 2-4 p.m. at Hobcaw Barony, on U.S. 17, just north of Georgetown, for $10.
History program at bridge
The Old Bridge Preservation Society, in Brunswick County, presents “Family Fun Nights” on Thursdays, on this evening with a cookout with. grilled hot-dog combos. Details at 910-363-6586 or oldbridgepreservationsociety.org.
Details | 5-7 p.m. at at Old Swing Bridge, 109 Shoreline Drive W., Sunset Beach, N.C., for $3 donation per meal.
Brookgreen open later
“Cool Summer Evenings” continue, with extended hours Wednesdays-Fridays through Aug. 8, including on Thursdays: “Up Close at the Zoo,” 5 p.m., this time with “Turtles and Tortoises – Have Shell, Will Travel,” as well as live performances of classic stories and nursery rhymes at 6 p.m. in Enchanted Storybook Forest. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
Details | 5-9 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens (open 9:30 a.m. daily), on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach; free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12.
Catch concerts outside
Choose from these free outdoor concerts series:
• Hip Pocket Band, 6:30 p.m. in Rourk Gardens, on Main Street in Shallotte, N.C., Details at 910-253-2031 orwww.brunswickcountync.gov
• “Music on Main,” with The Castaways, 7-9 p.m. at North Myrtle Beach’s Horseshoe, at Main Street and Ocean Boulevard. 280-5570, ext. 1, orparks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=11
• “Music on the Green,” with Paul Grimshaw, 7-10 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-3500 orwww.marketcommonmb.com
• “Hot Summer Nights,” with The Revealed, 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard.ww.myrtlebeachdowntown.com
Summer jazz series with Night Flight featuring Michael James and Bernie Kenerson, 4-8 p.m. Thursdays (and 1-5 p.m. Sundays) through July at Hammock Shops Village, on U.S. 17 in Pawleys Island. 237-8448 or www.thehammockshops.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach