‘Despicable Me’ in series
The “Summer Kids Series,” with a different family movie at 10 a.m. every Thursday, continues with “Despicable Me.” Details at 272-6598 or www.carmike.com/Events/Category/8.
Details | at Carmike Cinemas 12 at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S.17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for $4, including a small popcorn and small beverage.
History program at bridge
Never miss a local story.
The Old Bridge Preservation Society, in Brunswick County, presents “Family Fun Nights” 5-7 p.m. Thursdays, on this evening with an “If Bridges Could Talk” history program. Details at 910-363-6586 or oldbridgepreservationsociety.org.
Details | 5-7 p.m. at at Old Swing Bridge, 109 Shoreline Drive W., Sunset Beach, N.C., for free.
Brookgreen open later
“Cool Summer Evenings” continue, with extended hours Wednesdays-Fridays through Aug. 8, including on Thursdays: “Up Close at the Zoo,” 5 p.m., this time with “Masters of Camouflage,” as well as live performances of classic stories and nursery rhymes at 6 p.m. in Enchanted Storybook Forest, and “A Child’s Frontier Life” creek cruises, 5, 6 and 7 p.m., for an extra $8 ages 13 and older, and $4 ages 4-12. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
Details | 5-9 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens (open 9:30 a.m. daily), on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach; free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12.
Various free concerts, movie
Choose from these free outdoor concert series:
• “Music on Main,” with The Holiday Band, 7-9 p.m. at North Myrtle Beach’s Horseshoe, at Main Street and Ocean Boulevard. 280-5570, ext. 1, orparks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=11
• “Music on the Green,” with Tracy Thompson and the Denny Hess Trio, 7-10 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-3500 orww.marketcommonmb.com
• “Hot Summer Nights,” with Crashbox, 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard.ww.myrtlebeachdowntown.com
• Summer jazz series with Night Flight featuring Michael James and Bernie Kenerson, 1:30-5:30 p.m. at Hammock Shops Village, on U.S. 17 in Pawleys Island. 237-8448 orwww.thehammockshops.com
• Movie outside, “Frozen,” at dusk in Rourk Gardens, on Main Street in Shallotte, N.C., across from Jerome’s Steak & Seafood.|910-253-2031
Live music at HOB
Hip Kitty hits the outdoor stage daily through Saturday at the House of Blues, on The Deck, followed by a Barcadi Bikini fashion show. Details at 272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
Details | 7-11 p.m at House of Blues, at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, for free.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach