Fireworks on Mondays
Catch fireworks, weather permitting, almost every Monday this summer, both for free:
• “Monday Night Lights,” 9-9:10 p.m. through Aug. 25, along Murrells Inlet MarshWalk, on U.S. 17 Business. Details at 497-3450.
• 10:15 p.m. weekly at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, as part of “Summerfest!” 272-8349 orwww.bflanding.com
Reith exhibit at CCU
The “Herb Reith: Solo Exhibition,” opens, continuing through Aug. 7, with mixed media contemporary art. Details at 349-6454 – call to arrange up-close parking for anyone with a disability or mobility matter – or www.coastal.edu/bryanartgallery.
‘Smurfs 2’ for bargain
The “Summer Movie Clubhouse,” with movies Mondays-Wednesdays and changing weekly through Aug. 11-13, continues with “Smurfs 2.” Details at 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com.
Trio of laughmakers
Choose from three places for a comedic night out:
• Herb McCandles’ comedy hypnosis at 7 p.m. and “Open-Mic Night” at 9 p.m., at Carolina Comedy Club, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach, for $15 and $6, respectively. Details at 839-2565 orwww.carolinacomedyclub.com
• “Carolina Improv Company’s “Whose Beach Is It Anyway?” 7:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through July in Uptown Theater, at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, for $12.75 advance online, or $14 at door. 272-4242 or www.carolinaimprov.com
• Pete Lee, with Cooter Douglas opening, 8 p.m. daily through Thursday at Comedy Cabana, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach, for $15. Details at 449-4242 orcomedycabana.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach