Fireworks on Mondays
Catch fireworks, weather permitting, almost every Monday this summer, both for free:
• “Monday Night Lights,” 9-9:10 p.m. through Aug. 25, along Murrells Inlet MarshWalk, on U.S. 17 Business. Details at 497-3450.
Never miss a local story.
• 10:15 p.m. weekly at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, as part of “Summerfest!” 272-8349 orwww.bflanding.com
Reith exhibit at CCU
The “Herb Reith: Solo Exhibition,” opens, continuing through Aug. 7, with mixed media contemporary art. Details at 349-6454 – call to arrange up-close parking for anyone with a disability or mobility matter – or www.coastal.edu/bryanartgallery.
Details | 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays and 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Fridays at Coastal Carolina University’s Rebecca Randall Bryan Art Gallery, in Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts, on main campus in Conway, for free.
‘Smurfs 2’ for bargain
The “Summer Movie Clubhouse,” with movies Mondays-Wednesdays and changing weekly through Aug. 11-13, continues with “Smurfs 2.” Details at 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com.
Details | 10 a.m. at Cinemark, at Coastal Grand mall, off Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach, for $1 each.
Trio of laughmakers
Choose from three places for a comedic night out:
• Herb McCandles’ comedy hypnosis at 7 p.m. and “Open-Mic Night” at 9 p.m., at Carolina Comedy Club, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach, for $15 and $6, respectively. Details at 839-2565 orwww.carolinacomedyclub.com
• “Carolina Improv Company’s “Whose Beach Is It Anyway?” 7:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through July in Uptown Theater, at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, for $12.75 advance online, or $14 at door. 272-4242 or www.carolinaimprov.com
• Pete Lee, with Cooter Douglas opening, 8 p.m. daily through Thursday at Comedy Cabana, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach, for $15. Details at 449-4242 orcomedycabana.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach