Various entertainment options
• Myrtle Beach Car Club cruise-in, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Surfside Customz, 780-E U.S. 17 Business S., Surfside Beach. Free. 742-9802.
• “Independence Music Blast,” noon-6 p.m., including music till 5 p.m. by Tammy’s Tangent, and Latitude, at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $8 ages 18-79, otherwise free – bring two canned/dry good items for area food banks and receive $3 off admission. 399-9463 orwww.labelleamie.com
• Theatre of the Republic’s final weekend of “The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas,” 3 anad 7:30 p.m. (and 3 p.m. Sunday) at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main St., Conway, for $21. 488-0821 or www.theatreoftherepublic.com.
• Final “Patriotic Pre-Show” by Clebe McClary of Pawleys Island, former Marine Corps lieutenant who earned Silver and Bronze stars during combat in Vietnam, before “The Carolina Opry” show at 7 p.m. at Calvin Gilmore Theater, on U.S. 17 Business at U.S. 17 Bypass on north tip of Myrtle Beach. (Plus tax:) $34.95, $45.95 or $49.95 ages 17 and older, $17 ages 3-16; and $23 for students with ID. 913-4000 orwww.thecarolinaopry.com
, and www.clebemcclary.com
• Bullfrog in concert, in Oceanfront Merchants Association, “Hot Summer Nights,” 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard. Free.
• “High Steppin’ Country” musical revue, 8:30 p.m. at Lakewood Camping Resort’s Theater by the Sea, 5901 S. Kings Highway, between Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach. $10 ages 13 and older, $5 ages 3-12. Guests from outside Lakewood are asked to park by conference center and catch shuttle to venue. 447-7359.
• Corey Smith, with A Thousand Horses, 9 p.m. at House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. $17.50 or $30. 272-3000 orwww.hob.com/myrtlebeach
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach