Laugh at clubs, Improv
Choose from these comedic slates:
• “The Magic of Carl Michael,” 7 p.m., for $21.95 ages 13 and older, otherwise $11.95; and Herb McCandles’ comedy hypnosis, 9 p.m. at Carolina Comedy Club, for $15, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. Details at 839-2565 orwww.carolinacomedyclub.com
• Carolina Improv Company’s “Improv Musical Show,” 7:30 p.m. in Uptown Theater, at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, for $12.75 advance online, or $14 at door. 272-4242 or www.carolinaimprov.com.
• Don Barnhart, with Donnell Gray and Cooter Douglas opening, 8 p.m. daily through Saturday (also 10:15 p.m. Friday-Saturday) at Comedy Cabana, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach, for $15. 449-4242 or comedycabana.com.
Art show sails for July
An exhibit opens by 13 artists, “The Sailing Life,” with oil, acrylic, watercolor and clay works, going through July 30. Details at 910-575-5999 or www.sunsetrivermarketplace.com.
Two family movie series
Two family movies series continue, both at 10 a.m. with titles changing weekly:
• “Poppy’s Summer Movie Magic,” at Grand 14 Cinema, at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach, with movies Tuesdays-Thursdays through Aug. 12-14, for free, this week with “Ice Age: Continental Divide.” Details at 282-0550 orwww.stonetheatres.com
• “Summer Movie Series,” Tuesdays and Thursdays, at Frank Theatres’ CineBowl & Grille, at Inlet Square, at U.S. 17 Business and U.S. 17 Bypass in Murrells Inlet, for $1, this week with “The Wizard of Oz.” 651-9400 or
Mowery band outside
The Oceanfront Merchants Association presents concerts on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays during “Hot Summer Nights,” on this evening with the Austin Mowery Band playing country. Details at www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
Rock concert at HOB
Hoobastank performs on the House of Blues stage with Longreef and Driven Under opening. Details at 272-3000 or www.houseofblues.com/myrtlebeach.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach