Three movies for free
See a movie for free in two proximate Myrtle Beach sites near The Market Common:
• For adults and seniors: “Delivery Man,” starring Vince Vaughn and rated PG-13, 3 p.m. in Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane. Details at 918-2380.
• “Toy Story,” from 1995, at dusk, about 9 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway. 839-3500 orwww.marketcommonmb.com
Also, “Tosca” opera, 2 p.m. at Horry County Memorial Library Surfside Beach branch, 410 Surfside Drive. 205-5280 or www.hcml.org.
Join Strand Cinema
The Strand Cinema group begins a final weekend of movies until at least August: “Nicky’s Family” – from 2011 and about a Briton who coordinated the rescue of 669 Czech and Slovak children just before the outbreak of World War II – at 2:30 p.m. (and 7 p.m. Saturday), and “The Invisible Woman” (2013), 7 p.m. (and 2:30 p.m. Saturday). Details at 527-2924 or www.strandcinema.org.
Go outside for concerts
• “TGI Wine Friday,” with music 1-5 p.m. by Joan Burton, and vineyard tour 2:30 p.m., at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. Free. 399-9463 orwww.labelleamie.com
• “Cool Summer Evenings – Concerts on the Lawn,” 5-9 p.m. with the Paul Grimshaw Band at Brookgreen Gardens (open 9:30 a.m. daily), on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach. $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 orwww.brookgreen.org
• The Fantastic Shakers, 6:30 p.m. in parking lot of Museum of Coastal Carolina, 21 E. Second St., Ocean Isle Beach (910-579-1016). Free. 910-253-2031 orwww.brunswickcountync.gov
• Michael Ray, 9 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar and Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 orwww.boathousemb.com
• Orphan Annie, 7-11 p.m., The Deck at The House of Blues, 4640 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach. Free. 913-3704 or www.houseofblues.com.
Entertainers at Broadway
The fourth annual “Coca-Cola Summer Nights” of summer entertainment is set through August: comedy juggler Bryan Dangerous 7 and 9 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays; Mr. Nigel, an interactive musical entertainer from Charlotte, 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays, with free face painting for children in that time; and Maddie Hunt, a singer-songwriter-pianist, 7 and 8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Also, fireworks at 10 p.m. Tuesdays, and through Aug. 15, also 10 p.m. Fridays. Details at 444-3200, 800-386-4662 or www.broadwayatthebeach.com.
Splash ‘Live After Five’
The “Live After Five” series includes entertainment every Friday night through Aug. 22, with extended hours until 9 p.m. Details at 238-3787 or www.wild-water.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach