Some of my favorite annual festivals and events are coming up in next week or two. There’s also a new July 4 celebration this year that I’m pretty sure will draw a lot of interest.
Here’s what’s happening:
• The annual Conway Riverfest celebration will take place on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. at Riverfront Park in downtown Conway. Admission is $5 for adults; free for kids 12 and under. This event includes live music, kids’ activities, an artisan market, food vendors, a beer garden, a boat parade, fireworks and more.
Never miss a local story.
• On Saturday and Sunday, the Sons of Italy are holding their annual Festa Italiana at Valor Park. Admission is $1. This event includes live entertainment, food and craft vendors, beer and wine for purchase, free face painting, an Italian car show, and more. Hours are from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday and from noon to 7 p.m. on Sunday.
• The Market Common is putting on a “Music on the Green” concert series every Thursday through Aug. 28 from 7 to 10 p.m. in Valor Park. Admission is free. Bring a blanket or chairs.
• On the first Thursday of every Month (through November), the City of Conway is holding an Alive After 5 event from 6 to 8 p.m. in downtown Conway. Admission is free. This event includes live music, games, a car show, a cycle show, a bicycle rodeo and more. Go tohttp://conwayalive.com/
for the schedule.
• If you’re looking for a beachfront Fourth of July celebration, you can find one at the Surfside Beach pier from 6 to 10 p.m. Admission is free. There will be live entertainment by “Garth and Friends,” free ice cream for the first 500 kids, food and drinks for purchase, and a fireworks display. You might want to bring a chair.
• For a different type of Fourth of July celebration, try the Murrells Inlet July 4th Boat Parade, which starts at noon at Garden City Point and follows the Murrells Inlet shoreline to the Hot Fish Club. The best place to watch the parade is from the Marshwalk. This event is free.
• If you’d like to try something new for the Fourth of July, The Market Common is hosting “Family 4th at the Common” from 4 to 9 p.m. Admission is free. This event includes food vendors, a beer garden, a kids’ zone, live music, face painting, a golf cart parade and more (there will not be any fireworks). When the party is over, there will be a free movie in Valor Park (”Field of Dreams”).