Special Cinemark events
Cinemark, at Coastal Grand mall, off Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach, has two special events. Details at 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com:
• “Summer Movie Clubhouse,” with movies 10 a.m. Mondays-Wednesdays and changing weekly through Aug. 11-13, continuing with “The Croods” this week, for $5 punch card for all remaining movies, or $1 each at door.
Never miss a local story.
• “DCI 2014 Tour Premiere,” 6:30 p.m., for $15 adult, $14 senior/student, and $13 child.
‘Kids’ Carnival’ downtown
The Oceanfront Merchants Association has another year of “Hot Summer Nights” through August in downtown Myrtle Beach and on the Myrtle Beach boardwalk, including a “Kids Carnival” on Mondays, featuring youth bands, inflatables, face painting, caricature artist, games, balloon twisting, and stilt walkers. Details at www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
Details | 7-10 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard, free.
Laugh with comedians
Choose from two comedic options, both at 8 p.m.:
• Don Barnhart, with Donnell Gray and Cooter Douglas opening, through Saturday (also 10:15 p.m. Friday-Saturday) at Comedy Cabana, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach, for $15. Details at 449-4242 or comedycabana.com.
• “Open-Mic Night” on Mondays through July, at Carolina Comedy Club, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach, for $6. 839-2565 or www.carolinacomedyclub.com.
Fireworks on Mondays
Catch fireworks, weather permitting, almost every Monday this summer, both for free:
• “Monday Night Lights” 9-9:10 p.m. through Aug. 2, “but not June 30, a week during which the show will blast off at 10 p.m. July 4,” along the Murrells Inlet MarshWalk, on U.S. 17 Business. Details at 497-3450.
• At 10:15 p.m. weekly at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, as part of “Summerfest!” 272-8349 orwww.bflanding.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach