Special Cinemark events
Cinemark, at Coastal Grand mall, off Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach, has two special events. Details at 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com:
• “Summer Movie Clubhouse,” with movies 10 a.m. Mondays-Wednesdays and changing weekly through Aug. 11-13, continuing with “The Croods” this week, for $5 punch card for all remaining movies, or $1 each at door.
• “DCI 2014 Tour Premiere,” 6:30 p.m., for $15 adult, $14 senior/student, and $13 child.
‘Kids’ Carnival’ downtown
The Oceanfront Merchants Association has another year of “Hot Summer Nights” through August in downtown Myrtle Beach and on the Myrtle Beach boardwalk, including a “Kids Carnival” on Mondays, featuring youth bands, inflatables, face painting, caricature artist, games, balloon twisting, and stilt walkers. Details at www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
Laugh with comedians
Choose from two comedic options, both at 8 p.m.:
• Don Barnhart, with Donnell Gray and Cooter Douglas opening, through Saturday (also 10:15 p.m. Friday-Saturday) at Comedy Cabana, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach, for $15. Details at 449-4242 or comedycabana.com.
• “Open-Mic Night” on Mondays through July, at Carolina Comedy Club, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach, for $6. 839-2565 or www.carolinacomedyclub.com.
Fireworks on Mondays
Catch fireworks, weather permitting, almost every Monday this summer, both for free:
• “Monday Night Lights” 9-9:10 p.m. through Aug. 2, “but not June 30, a week during which the show will blast off at 10 p.m. July 4,” along the Murrells Inlet MarshWalk, on U.S. 17 Business. Details at 497-3450.
• At 10:15 p.m. weekly at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, as part of “Summerfest!” 272-8349 orwww.bflanding.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach