Things to do in the Myrtle Beach area on June 21
06/20/2014 5:00 PM
06/14/2014 4:39 PM
Summer events heat up
Pick a festival or special event:• “Veggie Fest,” 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Freewoods Farm, 9515 Freewoods Road, off Bay Road from S.C. 707 in Burgess community, including tour at 9 a.m., backyard gardening class at 10:30-11:30 a.m., and for $10 ages and older, otherwise $5, barbecue lunch with watermelon. 650-2064 or www.freewoodsfarm.com.
• “Warrior Mud Run” 5K for Waccamaw Athletic Booster Club, on Waccamaw High School campus, 2412 Kings River Road, Pawleys Island. Individuals at 9 a.m., for $50 advance (plus active.com fee) or 60, and teams of four: males 9:30 a.m., co-ed 10 a.m., females 10:30 a.m., each $220; and youth individuals, ages 10-13, 11 a.m., $25. 267-4298 or www.waccamawathletics.com.
• “Art in the Park,” 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday in Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Park, at North Kings Highway and 14th Avenue North. Free. 446-3830 or www.artsyparksy.com.
• Final day of Colored Pencil Members’ “A Touch of Red” Show & Sale, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at Art & Soul gallery, 5001 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. www.cpsa124.org or r www.artandsoulmyrtlebeach.com.
• “Remembering Myrtle Beach: A Local History Series,” with Bill Darby, magazine publisher, 11 a.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N., at Kings Highway. Free. 918-1282 or www.chapinlibrary.org.
• 5Points Spring Fling Festival, noon-5 p.m. on Broadway Street in Myrtle Beach, between Fourth and Fifth avenues North. Free. 360-2025, 448-9900 or www.5pointsmb.com.
• “First Blush of Summer Fest,” noon-6 p.m., at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $8, and bring donation of two canned/dry food items for $3 discount. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
• “Rock the Boat” concert by by Tunes for Tots Worldwide, 1-6 p.m. for benefit Make-A-Wish South Carolina, at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along the Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501. $10 cover ages 12 and older, otherwise free. www.tunesfortots.com, and 903-2628 or www.boathousemb.com.
• Strand Cinema movies: “The Best Offer” (2013), at 2:30 p.m., and “Garibaldi’s Lovers” (2012), 7 p.m., at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown. Each $5 members, otherwise $7. 527-2924 or www.strandcinema.org.
• “Hot Summer Nights” concert with Ben Fagan & The Holy City Hooligans, 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard. Free. www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
• Opening weekend of Theatre of the Republic’s “The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas,” 7:30 p.m. (and 3 p.m. Sunday) at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main St., Conway. $21. 488-0821 or www.theatreoftherepublic.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.