‘Epic’ leads off series
The “Summer Kids Series,” with a different family movie at 10 a.m. every Thursday, opens with “Epic.” Details at 272-6598 or www.carmike.com/Events/Category/8.
Cookout at youth club
Join a “Community Cookout,” with food and music, to see the redesign of the Boys & Girls Club of the Grand Strand’s “The Club Teen Center,” where club members ages 5-18 gather to participate in after-school and summer day camp programs. Details at 712-1977.
Quintet of concerts
Choose from five concerts, four of which are outdoors and free:
• Summer jazz series with Night Flight featuring Michael James and Bernie Kenerson, 4-8 p.m. Thursdays (and 1-5 p.m. Sundays) through July at Hammock Shops Village, on U.S. 17 in Pawleys Island. 237-8448 orwww.thehammockshops.com
• “Music on Main,” 7-9 p.m., with The Attractions, in North Myrtle Beach’s Horseshoe, at Main Street and Ocean Boulevard. 280-5570, ext. 1, or
• “Music on the Green,” with the Austin Mowery Band, 7-10 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-3500 orwww.marketcommonmb.com
• “Hot Summer Nights,” with Groove Fetish, 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard.ww.myrtlebeachdowntown.com
• Lake Junalusta Singers, 7:30 p.m. in First United Methodist Church, 1001 Fifth Ave., Conway, for $10 adults, otherwise free. 488-4251.
Island Fest in Litchfield
The third annual Island Fest, by Rotary Club of Pawleys Island, benefiting Alzheimer’s research, will include a concert by the Latitude “trop-rock” duo of Pawleys Island (www.latitudemusic.net), dancing, and children’s activities such as hula and limbo contests. 457-3325 or 907-1878.
‘Movies After Dark’
Surfside Beach has summer “Movies After Dark” on Thursdays (except July 3), on this night with “Rookie of the Year.” Details at 650-9548 or www.surfsidebeach.org.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach