State parks open daily
Both area state parks are open every day of the year, including this holiday, 6 a.m.-10 p.m., for walks, bicycling and nature and bird watching. Details at www.southcarolinaparks.com.:
• Myrtle Beach State Park, on U.S. 17 Business, one mile south of Farrow Parkway/South Ocean Boulevard, across from Seagate Village; 238-5325 or www.myrtlebeachsp.com.
• Huntington Beach State Park, on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Brookgreen Gardens; call 237-4440. Also, in “Coastal Kayaking,” Mondays through October, take a guided salt-marsh tour from Oyster Landing in Murrells Inlet, for $35. Register at 235-8755 by 4 p.m. the previous Sunday.
Stroll at Brookgreen
Brookgreen Gardens is open almost every holiday of the year, including Memorial Day, on this final day of the “Red, White, and Blue Salute to Veterans,” with flags placed across the gardens. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
Race at Grand Prix
Broadway Grand Prix Family Race Park has opened in the former NASCAR SpeedPark site. Details at 839-4080 or www.broadwaygrandprix.com.
Splash at water parks
All three local water parks open on this federal holiday, and prices vary per site:
• Wild Water & Wheels, 910 U.S. Business S., Surfside Beach: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 238-3787 orwww.wild-water.com
• Splashes Oceanfront Water Park, across from Family Kingdom Amusement Park, 300 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 916-0400 orwww.familykingdomfun.com
• Myrtle Waves Water Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue North Extension and at U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. 913-9260 orwww.myrtlewaves.com
Bowl special on Mondays
Local residents who show ID can bowl games and buy cheese pizza slices for $1 each on Mondays. Shoe rental is extra: $2.99 sizes 3 and larger, otherwise $1.49. Details at 238-2695 or www.surfsidebowlingcenter.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach