So many avenues for outings• Blue Crab Festival, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. on Waterfront Drive in Little River, for advance: $3 one day or $5 both days; $5 daily at gate; and free pass for ages 12 and younger (limit four children per paying adult) available at www.bluecrabfestival.org. Also, “Blessing of the Bikes,” 10 a.m.-noon by Little River United Methodist Church, at Mineola Avenue and U.S. 17, across from festival. 249-6604.
• YMCA Fair and Zumbathon, with Arts and Crafts Fair, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., and Family Zumbathon, 10 a.m.-noon, for a donation of item for Y’s summer camp program, at Claire Chapin Epps Family YMCA, 5000 Claire Chapin Epps Drive, Myrtle Beach, opposite 62nd Avenue North. 449-9622 or www.coastalcarolinaymca.org.
• Spring Book Sale, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Horry County Memorial Library Conway branch, 801 Main St. 915-7442.
• “X-Con World VII,” 10 a.m.-8 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Convention Center, at Oak Street and 21st Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. $25 at door ages 13 and older, otherwise free. 839-4840 or www.xconworld.info.
• Opening of “A Reflection and Interpretation of Our Culture” exhibit of doll collection of Cassandra Williams Rush, through June 28, at Georgetown County Museum, 120 Broad St., Georgetown, open 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays-Fridays. $5 adult, $4 seniors, $2 students. 545-7020 or www.georgetowncountymuseum.com.
• Opening of “Kent Ullberg: A Retrospective” scuplture exhibit, lasting through Aug. 3, at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17, south of Murrells Inlet, open 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m., including artist lecture at 2 p.m. Free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12. 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
• “Community Arts Day,” 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at N.C. Aquarium at Fort Fisher, on U.S. 421, just south of Kure Beach. Free with admission: $10.95 ages 13-61, $9.95 seniors and military, and $8.95 ages 3-12, and free ages 2 and younger. Site open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. 910-458-7468 or www.ncaquariums.com/fort-fisher.• • Myrtle Beach Car Club cruise-in, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Jud Kuhn Chevrolet, 3740 S.C. 9 E., Little River. Free. 742-9802.
• Silent/live auction, noon-3 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 711 16th Ave. N. Surfside Beach. 238-0206.
• “Remembering Myrtle Beach: A Local History Series,” with Becky Billingsley, author of “The Culinary History of Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand,” 11 a.m. at Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N., at Kings Highway. Free. 918-1282 or www.chapinlibrary.org.
• “First Nights of Independent Film” finale, 7 p.m. at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main St., Conway. $10. 488-0821 or www.theatreoftherepublic.com.
• Spring Wine Tasting & Art Show for Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach at Horry-Georgetown Technical College, 2-5 p.m. at Croissants Bistro & Bakery, 3751 Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach, at 38th Avenue North. $10 advance or $20 at door. 448-2253 or www.croissants.net.
• Yard sale for Kiwanis Kids Park Fund, going toward plans for Georgetown County Parks and Recreation to build playground for ages 2-5 at Stables Park in Litchfield Beach, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. at Pawleys Island Presbyterian Church, 9967 Ocean Highway. 545-3333.
• “Beach Blast!” Christian music festival, 3:50 p.m. on Ocean Boulevard, between Eighth and Ninth avenues North in Myrtle Beach. $48 or $55 ages 13 and older, $25 ages 2-12. 855-484-1991 or www.beachblastfest.com.
• Rivertown Bluegrass Society concert by End of the Road Boys at 5 and 7:20 p.m. and Hubert Lawson and the Bluegrass Boys at 6 and 8:20 p.m., at Horry-Georgetown Technical College Burroughs and Chapin Auditorium, of U.S. 501 in Conway, for $12 ages 13 and older, otherwise free. 385-1649, 215-0290 or www.rivertownbluegrasssociety.com.
• Long Bay Symphony Chamber Orchestra’s “Going for Baroque,” 7 p.m. at Trinity Episcopal Church, 3000 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. $20 adults (and 50 percent discount for military), $10 students younger than 22 with ID. 448-8379 or www.longbaysymphony.com.
• “An American Rock Band: Music of the Rock Revolution (1965-73),” concert by Brunswick Little Theatre, 8 p.m. Fridays-Sundays through May 25 in Franklin Square Park in Southport, N.C. Free. 910-471-7741 or www.brunswicklittletheatre.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach