Special events voluminous• “Blessing of the Inlet,” 9 a.m.-4 p.m., including formal ceremony at 11:30 a.m., at Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, 4182 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. Free. 651-5099 or www.blessingoftheinlet.com.
• Grand Strand Amateur Radio Club training classes, 9 a.m. Saturday-Sunday at Surfside Beach Fire Department, 115 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach. Free, but FCC-approved test afterward is $15. w4gs.org.
• “Totally Turtles!” 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Myrtle Beach State Park, on U.S. 17 Business, just south of Myrtle Beach city limits. Free with park admission: $5 for ages 16 and older, $3.25 S.C. seniors, $3 ages 6-15. 238-0874 or www.myrtlebeachsp.com.
• Cruise ins by Myrtle Beach Car Club (742-9802), 10 a.m.-2 p.m. outside Ripley’s Aquarium, at Broadway at the Beach, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach; and by Hot Rod Promotions (503-8245), 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Omega Pancake & Omelet House, 1617 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach. Both free.
• Robert Shelley in “Remembering Myrtle Beach: A Local History Series,” 11 a.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N., at Kings Highway. Free. 918-1282 or www.chapinlibrary.org.
• “Festival of Hope,” by the Academy of Hope charter school of Conway, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Conway Recreation Center, 1515 Mill Pond Road. Free admission. 397-5719 or www.theacademyofhope.org.
• Seventh annual “Taste of the Coast” – benefiting scholarship fund for Risen Christ Lutheran School of North Myrtle Beach, with a food drive for Sea Haven, North Strand Housing Shelter and The Matthew Bellamy Project – 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex, at S.C. 90 and Robert Edge Parkway. 997-4162 or www.tocnmb.com.
• Fiesta Mexicana, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. at St. Brendan the Navigator Catholic Church, 5101 Ocean Highway W., Shallotte, N.C. Free. 910-200-9209.
• Rivertown Music & Craft Beer Festival, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. in downtown Conway, including concerts by Paperwork at 3 p.m., the Steady Hand String Band at 4 p.m., Jesse Rice at 6:45 p.m., and The Mullets at 8:30 p.m. Free. 248-6260 or conwayalive.com.
• Key West Music & Wine Fest, noon-5 p.m., with music by The Jamaican Jerks, and Paul Grimshaw Duo, at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $8; also, bring two canned/dry food items for area food banks for $3 discount. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
• Strawberry & Wine Fest benefit for OId Bridge Preservation Society of Sunset Beach, N.C., noon-5 p.m. at Silver Coast Winery in Ocean Isle Beach, with music by The Imitations 1-5 p.m. $5. 910-579-9021 or www.oldbridgepreservationsociety.org.
• Atlantic Stage’s New Voices Play Fest finale, with full, one-act works at noon and 1, 2, 4 and 7:30 p.m., and reception 6 p.m., in 79th Avenue Theatre, in Coastal Carolina University’s Myrtle Beach Education Center, at U.S. 17 Bypass. Free. 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com:
• “Women’s Day Celebration,” an afternoon tea, 1 p.m. at St. James United Methodist Church, 9705 St. James Church Road, in Burgess community. $10 donation, for building fund. 650-6166, 421-9349 or email email@example.com.
• Wine Fest benefit, 6:30-9:30 p.m. at Museum of Coastal Carolina, 21 E. Second Street, Ocean Isle Beach, N.C. (also for Ingram Planetarium in Sunset Beach, N.C.) – both sites open Fridays-Saturdays. $50. 910-579-1016 or www.museumplanetarium.org.
“The Moment: Mayweather vs. Maidana,” 9 p.m. at Cinemark, at Coastal Grand mall in Myrtle Beach. $20 adult, $19 senior, $18 child. 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach