Things to do in the Myrtle Beach area on April 27
04/25/2014 5:00 PM
04/24/2014 1:41 PM
‘Wolfe Creek Crater’
“Track of the Rainbow Serpent: Australian Aboriginal Paintings of the Wolfe Creek Crater,” an exhibit of 19 paintings on acrylic, opens, continuing through Sept. 14. Details at 238-2510 or visit www.myrtlebeachartmuseum.org.
Details | 1-4 p.m. (Sunday hours, plus 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum, 3100 S. Ocean Blvd., for free, but donations welcome.
Orchid group convenes
The Myrtle Beach Orchid Society will meet, with everyone invited to bring plants for display and take part in a raffle of orchids. Also, watch a DVD on orchid culture. Newcomers welcome. Details at 236-2221 or 910-579-7089.
Details | 2:30 p.m. at Grand Strand Senior Center, 268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, for free.
Other special events• Myrtle Beach Coin Show, benefiting Horry County Meals of Wheels, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at Springmaid Beach Resort, 3200 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. Free. 293-9000.
• Myrtle Beach Car Club Easter show for all cars and trucks, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. (rescheduled from April 19 because of rain) at Lakewood Camping Resort Conference Center, 5901 U.S. 17 Business S., between Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach, north of S.C. 544 – registration ($20 – benefiting Backpack Buddies) opens 9 a.m. 742-9802.
• Holocaust Remembrance Day Memorial Program, 1 p.m. at Temple Emanu-El, 406 65th Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 449-5552.
• “Dance Company & Music Theatre Showcase,” 3 and 7:30 p.m. in Coastal Carolina University Wheelwright Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway. $15 general; $10 CCU/Horry-Georgetown Technical College faculty, staff, alumni, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members, seniors and teens; and $5 CCU/HGTC students and children. 349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/culturalarts.
• Concert of piano and organ music, 5 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 1001 Fifth Ave., Conway. Free. 488-4251.
• James Gregory, comedian, 7 p.m. at Alabama Theatre (home of “One the Show”), at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. $27.40 or $32.75. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 or www.alabama-theatre.com.
• “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” by Plan B, a local theater troupe, for adults only, finale 8 p.m. at Donny’s Saloon, 1213 Third Ave. S., Myrtle Beach, with preshow entertainment by Hoop Song and Raven Storm. $10. 839-1278.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.