‘Wolfe Creek Crater’
“Track of the Rainbow Serpent: Australian Aboriginal Paintings of the Wolfe Creek Crater,” an exhibit of 19 paintings on acrylic, opens, continuing through Sept. 14. Details at 238-2510 or visit www.myrtlebeachartmuseum.org.
Orchid group convenes
The Myrtle Beach Orchid Society will meet, with everyone invited to bring plants for display and take part in a raffle of orchids. Also, watch a DVD on orchid culture. Newcomers welcome. Details at 236-2221 or 910-579-7089.
Other special events
• Myrtle Beach Coin Show, benefiting Horry County Meals of Wheels, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at Springmaid Beach Resort, 3200 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. Free. 293-9000.
• Myrtle Beach Car Club Easter show for all cars and trucks, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. (rescheduled from April 19 because of rain) at Lakewood Camping Resort Conference Center, 5901 U.S. 17 Business S., between Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach, north of S.C. 544 – registration ($20 – benefiting Backpack Buddies) opens 9 a.m. 742-9802.
• Holocaust Remembrance Day Memorial Program, 1 p.m. at Temple Emanu-El, 406 65th Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 449-5552.
• “Dance Company & Music Theatre Showcase,” 3 and 7:30 p.m. in Coastal Carolina University Wheelwright Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway. $15 general; $10 CCU/Horry-Georgetown Technical College faculty, staff, alumni, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members, seniors and teens; and $5 CCU/HGTC students and children. 349-2787 orwww.coastal.edu/culturalarts
• Concert of piano and organ music, 5 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 1001 Fifth Ave., Conway. Free. 488-4251.
• James Gregory, comedian, 7 p.m. at Alabama Theatre (home of “One the Show”), at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. $27.40 or $32.75. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 orwww.alabama-theatre.com
• “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” by Plan B, a local theater troupe, for adults only, finale 8 p.m. at Donny’s Saloon, 1213 Third Ave. S., Myrtle Beach, with preshow entertainment by Hoop Song and Raven Storm. $10. 839-1278.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach