Things to do in the Myrtle Beach area on April 19
04/18/2014 5:00 PM
04/15/2014 12:31 PM
Easter outings abundant• Saturday-Sunday at Bass Pro Shops, at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres: Photos with Easter Bunny – 11 a.m.-4 p.m.; egg hunts for ages 2-10, 2-3 p.m.; and children’s crafts 1-4 p.m., while supplies last. Free. 361-4800 or www.basspro.com.
• Meals with bunny, 8-10 a.m. at Ripley’s Aquarium, at Broadway at the Beach, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach, for $19.95 plus tax and gratuity – reservations at 916-0888, ext. 3226; 9-10:30 a.m. at Hard Rock Café at Broadway at the Beach, at 29th Avenue North and U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach, for $9.95 ages 3 and older, otherwise free – 946-0007, ext 208; and 9-11 a.m. or 1-3 p.m. at Children’s Museum of South Carolina, 2501 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, for $12 – 946-9469.
• Easter egg hunts, all free, 10 a.m. at North Myrtle Beach’s McLean Park, 93 Oak Drive, west of Main Street, 280-5584; 10 a.m. at Beck Recreation Center, 2030 Church St., Georgetown, 545-3275; 2-3 p.m. in Surfside Beach’s Huckabee Complex, on Glenns Bay Road, west of town, 650-9548; and 3 p.m. in Hammock Shops Village, on U.S. 17 in Pawleys Island. 237-8448.
• “Easter at the Old Bridge,” noon-2 p.m. at Old Sunset Beach Swing Bridge, 109 Shoreline Drive W., Sunset Beach, N.C., for free. 910-579-9021.
• “Easter Eggstream,” noon-4 p.m. in center court at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. Free. Also, fireworks 9 p.m. 444-3200.
• Easter concert with gospel “oldies” style Elvis music, 7-9:30 p.m. in Rivers Auditorium, 3520 Pampas Drive, Myrtle Beach, at Howard Avenue. No cover, but donations requested for Christian Mission Outreach. 424-9124.
Special events plentiful• Waccamaw Riverkeeper cleanup, with public asked to help: 9 a.m. at Conway Marina. Bring boats, kayaks, canoes if you have them, but they are not necessary. 349-4007 or www.winyahrivers.org.
• Car shows/cruise-ins by Myrtle Beach Corvette Club (294-0127), 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at Lowes Foods, 111 Pavilion Drive, Little River, benefiting Canine Angels and Veterans Welcome Home and Resource Center; Myrtle Beach Car Club (742-9802) 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Lakewood Camping Resort Conference Center, 5901 U.S. 17 Business S., between Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach, north of S.C. 544 – registration opens 9 a.m.; and Hot Rod Promotions (503-8245), 1-4 p.m. at Tee Box Tavern, 4620 Dick Pond Road, Socastee.
• Annual “Family Day,” 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Museum of Coastal Carolina, 21 E. Second St., Ocean Isle Beach, N.C., with free admission for Brunswick County residents with ID, otherwise $2. 910-579-1016 or www.museumplanetarium.org.
• Southport Spring Festival final day, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Franklin Square Park in downtown Southport, N.C. including chili cook-off contest 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Free. 910-279-4616, www.downtownsouthport.org or www.southport-oakisland-kiwanis.org.
• Earth Day Music Fest 11 a.m.-6 p.m., with expo in Conway Riverfront Park. www.earthdaymusicfest.com.
• “Beer, BlueGrass and BBQ” festival, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden , on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common, with music by Barefoot Movement 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Grasstowne 1:30-3 p.m., Sawgrass 3:30-5, and Ronnie Bowman 5:30-7. Free admission. www.myrtlebeachbeerfest.com.
• Spring Mardi Gras Fest, noon-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River. $8; also, bring two canned/dry food items for area food banks for $3 discount. Also, charity silent auction noon-4 p.m. for Waccamaw Animal Rescue Mission (902-2456 or www.warmfarms.org). 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
Rivertown Bluegrass Society concert, with Slope Valley at 5 and 7:20 p.m., and Oliver West and 39 Express 6 and 8:20 p.m., at Horry-Georgetown Technical College Burroughs & Chapin Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway. $12 ages 13 and older. 457-2854 or www.rivertownbluegrasssociety.com.• “Great Expectations” exhibit reception, 6-8 p.m. at Seacoast Artists Gallery (open noon-8 p.m.), 3032 Nevers St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common. 232-7009 or www.seacoastartistsguild.com.
• CD pre-release party for Power Born Rebellion, 9 p.m.-1 a.m. at Surfside Live, 803 U.S. 17 Business S., Surfside Beach. No cover. 945-9000 or www.surfsideliverocks.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.