Things to do in the Myrtle Beach area on April 12
04/12/2014 5:00 PM
04/08/2014 12:37 PM
Myriad special outings• Annual “Plantacular Sale” finale, 9:30 .m.-4 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Huntington Beach State Park, open until 8 p.m. daily in April. Free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12. 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
• “Art in the Park,” by Waccamaw Arts and Crafts Guild, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. Free. 446-3830 or www.artsyparksy.com.
• Cruise-in by Hot Rod Promotions, for all cars, noon-3 p.m. at Cheesesteak U, 1867 S.C. 544, Conway, near Food Lion. Free. 503-8245.
• Final day of 11th annual Spring Art Show & Sale, noon-6 p.m. at Seacoast Artists Gallery, 3032 Nevers St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common. 232-7009 or www.seacoastartistsguild.com.
• Ceremony to add names, 2 p.m. at Lost At Sea Memorial, at Morse Park Landing, on U.S. 17 Business on south end of Murrells Inlet. 458-7671 or www.lostatseamemorial.com.
• Georgetown Area Daylily Club monthly meeting, 2:30 p.m. in Dick M. Johnson Civic Center, 829 Pine Drive, behind Surfside Beach Town Hall, this time with Don Withers sharing daylily and landscape photography tips, updates on plants being donated to a new daylily bed at Brookgreen Gardens, and details about club Flower Show May 24 at Inlet Square. 546-6419 or www.brownsferrygardens.com.
• “The Nerd” finale to close Atlantic Stage’s season, 3 p.m. in Coastal Carolina University Myrtle Beach Education Center’s 79th Avenue Theatre, at U.S. 17 Bypass, for $27.50 general; $22.50 seniors (ages 55 and older)/educators/military; $17.50 students, including OLLI members; and $10 side section seats. 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com.
• Coastal Carolina University Flute Studio Recital, 3 p.m. in Edwards Recital Hall, on main campus, accessed from U.S. 501 and S.C. 544 in Conway, $5 general admission; $3 CCU/Horry-Georgetown Technical College students, faculty and staff; and free for children. 349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/culturalarts.
• Myrtle Beach Corvette Club monthly meeting, 5 p.m. at Liberty Steakhouse & Brewery, at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. 294-0127 or www.myrtlebeachcorvetteclub.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.