Celebrations abundant• Pet Fair, 9 a.m.-noon at Surfside Beach town dog park, on Willow Avenue, by Horry County Memorial Library Surfside Beach branch. 650-9548 or www.surfsidebeach.org.
• Annual “Plantacular Sale,” 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Huntington Beach State Park, open till 8 p.m. daily in April. Free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12. 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
• Grand opening and Community Day, 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m., at North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex, at S.C. 90 and Robert Edge Parkway. 280-5579.
• A sensory-friendly showing of “Rio 2,” 10 a.m. at Grand 14 Cinema at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach. $5 or free for Medical University of South Carolina Champions of Autism & ADHD Network. $1 drinks and popcorn. 282-0550.
• Easter egg hunt festival with Easter Bunny at 10 a.m. behind Conway Recreation Center, on Mill Pond Road, with hunts – bring your own basket – at 11 a.m. for ages 1-2, 11:15 ages 3-5, 11:30 ages 6-8, and 11:45 ages 9-12. 248-1740 or conwayparksandrecreation.com.
• Second annual Bed Race, benefiting Habitat for Humanity of Horry County, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at Broadway at the Beach, in parking lot near Hard Rock Café, at 29th Avenue North and U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. Free to watch. 650-8815, ext. 8006, or www.habitatmb.org.
• Horry County Historical Society “Stories in Stone” – hourlong tours at 10 and 11 a.m., noon, and 1 and 2 p.m. from Kingston Presbyterian Church and its Old Village Burial Ground, 800 Third Ave., Conway. $20. 248-9045 or www.hchsonline.org.
• “Art in the Park,” by Waccamaw Arts and Crafts Guild, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. Free. 446-3830 or www.artsyparksy.com.
• Easter egg hunt, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (rain date April 19) in Calabash (N.C.) Community Park, on Persimmon Road. Bring your own basket, and camera for Easter Bunny photos. 910-579-6747, ext. 5.
• Cruise-ins – both 11 a.m.-2 p.m. and free – by Myrtle Beach Car Club (742-9802) at Litchfield Liquors/Massey’s Pizza, 115 Willbrook Road, Litchfield Beach; and Hot Rod Promotions (503-8245) at Aromas Pizza-Pasta-Subs, 10799 S.C. 707, Murrells Inlet.
• Music & Bonfire Celebration, noon-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River. Free. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
• Fifth anniversary celebration at Studio B Art Gallery, 2922 Howard Ave., Unit D, Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common, noon-8 p.m., including music by Brian McKenzie of Electric Bird Noise and Feel No Other. 839-1278 or www.studiobgalleries.com.
• “Blood Wedding” play finale, 3 p.m. in Coastal Carolina University Edwards Theatre, on main campus in Conway. $15 general admission; $10 CCU/Horry-Georgetown Technical College faculty, staff, alumni, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members, seniors and teens; and $5 CCU/HGTC students and children. 349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/culturalarts.
• Three Dog Night concert, 7 p.m. at Alabama Theatre, at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. $40.95, $48.95 or $56.95. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 or www.alabama-theatre.com, and www.threedognight.com.
• “Salute to Spring” social dance by USA Dance, Chapter 6024, 7-10 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, with music by DJ Jim Sterner, and singles welcome. $7 members, otherwise $9. 808-3397 or www.usadancegrandstrand.org.
• Listen Up Brunswick Country welcoming folk-rock quartet led by Thomas Wesley Stern, 7:30 p.m. at Holden Beach Chapel Fellowship Hall, 107 Rothschild St., Holden Beach, N.C., benefiting Brunswick County Homeless Coalition. $24. 910-754-2098, 860-485-3354, www.listenupbrunswickcounty.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach