Head out for events• Waccamaw Arts and Crafts Guild’s “Art in the Park,” 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Park, 14th Avenue North and Kings Highway. Free. 446-3830 or www.artsyparksy.com.
• International Quidditch Association’s World Cup VII finale, gates open 8:30 a.m., at North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex, at S.C. 90 and Robert Edge Parkway. $19 ages 13 and older, $12 ages 2-12. iqaworldcup.com.
• 23rd annual “Spring Tide – A Day for the Inlet” community cleanup, from Morse Park Landing, next to Hot Fish Club, 4911 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet, with invocation at 9:45 a.m., cleanup 10 a.m., and cook-off party with live music 1-3 p.m. at Hot Fish Club. 357-2007 or www.murrellsinletsc.com.
• Cafe Cookout, noon-4 p.m., with music by Sick Stooges, at Veterans Cafe & Grille, 3544 Northgate Blvd., Myrtle Beach, in Northgate Plaza, off S.C. 707 at southwest corner at U.S. Bypass, for Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund and “The Wall That Heals,” coming May 14-18 to The Market Common. Meals $10 ages 13 and older, $5 ages 5-12. 232-8387.
• Family Kingdom Amusement Park’s season-opening weekend, open 1 p.m., at 300 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. Free admission. Wristbands $26.95 plus tax (or $15.50 total for local residents with ID, sold only in the office under Swamp Fox roller coaster), and individual ride tickets $1.05 plus tax each, with 2-6 tickets per ride. 626-3447 or www.familykingdomfun.com.
Plays, concerts galore• “The Nerd” by Atlantic Stage, 3 p.m. in CCU Myrtle Beach Education Center’s 79th Avenue Theatre, at U.S. 17 Bypass, for $27.50 general; $22.50 seniors (ages 55 and older)/educators/military; $17.50 students, including OLLI members; and $10 side section seats. 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com.
• Brunswick Little Theatre Stagestruck Players’ “Dear Edwina Jr.,” finale 3 p.m. at Brunswick Center at Southport, 1513-1 N. Howe St., Southport, N.C., behind Wingate Inn. $14 adults, $10 students with ID, and $5 ages 12 and younger. 910-471-7741 or www.brunswicklittletheatre.com.
• Bill Cosby, at 3:30 and 7 p.m. in Brunswick Community College’s Odell Williamson Auditorium, off U.S. 17 in Supply, N.C., for $67 or $77. 910-755-7416; 800-754-1050, ext. 7416; or www.bccowa.com.
• Second annual “Waves of the Future – Celebration of Horry County Schools” by Chicora Rotary Club of Myrtle Beach, 4 p.m. at Calvin Gilmore Theater, on U.S. 17 Business at northern junction of U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. $24.95-$44.95 ages 17 and older, $14.95--$24.96 ages 3-16. 913-4000 or chicorarotary.org/waves-of-the-future/.
“Piano Series,” with Jerry Wong 4 p.m. in Coastal Carolina University Edwards Recital Hall, on Conway campus. $5 general admission; $3 CCU/Horry-Georgetown Technical College students, faculty and staff; and free for children. 349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/culturalarts.• Voce Angeli, a Myrtle Beach women’s choir, in “Rise Up And Sing” series finale, with Jack Graham on piano and Chris Connolly on trombone, to benefit local trumpeter James Canty and his need for more sight-saving eye surgery – 5 p.m. at First United Methodist Church of Conway, 1001 Fifth Ave. For details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Eddie Miles’ “A Salute to Elvis and Country Legends,” 7 p.m. at Alabama Theatre (home of “One the Show”), at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, for $22.95, $26.95 or $31.95. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 or www.alabama-theatre.com.
See aquarium from rear
Take a “Behind the Scenes” tour to learn about maintaining a collection of salt and freshwater exhibits, with hundreds of animals. Preregistration required at 910-458-7468. Other tours available 11:15 a.m. Sundays this month and April 26, and 1:15 p.m. April 13 and 27. More details at www.ncaquariums.com/fort-fisher.
Details | 11:15 a.m. at N.C. Aquarium at Fort Fisher, N.C. (open 9 a.m.-5 p.m.), on U.S. 421, just south of Kure Beach, for $18 ages 13 and older, $16 ages 8-12, which includes admission (regularly $10.95 ages 13-61, $9.95 seniors and military, and $8.95 ages 3-12).
Skate into evening
A “Fun Pass” event includes unlimited roller skating, inflatables (for ages 10 and younger), and laser tag (ages 5 and older). Details at 748-0302 or www.funwarehousemb.com.
Details | 5 p.m. till closing, at Fun Warehouse (open noon-9 p.m.), 2349 Dick Pond Road (S.C. 544), near Surfside Beach, a half-mile west of U.S. 17 Bypass, for $10.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach