Things to do in the Myrtle Beach area on March 30
03/29/2014 5:00 PM
03/24/2014 12:55 PM
Trio of creative outings• “Art in Common” Arts and Crafts Festival finale – by Seacoast Artists Gallery of Myrtle Beach 9 a.m.-5 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. Free. 232-7009 or www.seacoastartistsguild.com.
• “Children’s Butterfly Activity Afternoon,” 1-4 p.m. at “Whispering Wings” Butterfly House and the Enchanted Storybook Forest at Brookgreen Gardens (open 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. daily), on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, with 15-minute visits on this day only for $1, otherwise 30-minute walk-throughs are an extra $3 ages 13 and older, $2 ages 4-12, through October – along with garden admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12. 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
• Dancing for a Cause,” 4-6 p.m. at Ocean Drive Presbyterian Church, 410 Sixth Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach, with shag exhibition and lessons by Charlie Womble and Jackie McGee, $5 donation, benefiting medical expenses for Claudia Hilburn, coping with scleroderma. 907-2412.
Ballet, opera on screen
Choose from two special shows on the big screen: the Bolshoi Ballet’s “Marco Spada” at 11 a.m. (encore at 7 p.m. Tuesday), and Royal Opera House’s “Don Giovanni” at 1 p.m. Details at 272-6598, www.carmike.com or www.emergingpictures.com.
Details | at Carmike 12 at Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S.17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for $15 and $20, respectively.
Four plays on this day• “Always ... Patsy Cline” final shows, 3 and 7:30 p.m. at Carolina Forest High School, 700 Gardner Lacy Road, east of U.S. 501. $20. 236-7997 or www.cfhsshows.com.
• “Cinderella” finals show, by Coastal Youth Ballet Theatre, 4 p.m. at Beach Church, 557 George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach. $20 ages 13-64, and $15 ages 3-12 and 65 and older. 839-5678 or www.cybt.org.
• Brunswick Little Theatre’s Stagestruck Players, in “Dear Edwina Jr.,” 3 p.m. (and 7:30 p.m. April 4-5 and 3 p.m. April 6) at Brunswick Center at Southport, 1513-1 N. Howe Street, Southport, N.C., behind Wingate Inn. $14 adults, $10 students with ID, and $5 ages 12 and younger. Details at 910- 471-7741 or www.brunswicklittletheatre.com.
• “The Nerd” by Atlantic Stage, through April 13: 7:30 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays at the CCU Myrtle Beach Education Center’s 79th Avenue Theatre, at U.S. 17 Bypass – $27.50 general admission; $22.50 seniors (ages 55 and older)/educators/military; $17.50 students, including Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members; and $10 side section seats. 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com.
Skating deal rolls
A “Fun Pass” event includes unlimited roller skating, inflatables (for ages 10 and younger), and laser tag (ages 5 and older). Details at 748-0302 or www.funwarehousemb.com.
Details | 5-9 p.m. at Fun Warehouse (open noon-9 p.m.), 2349 Dick Pond Road (S.C. 544), near Surfside Beach, a half-mile west of U.S. 17 Bypass, for $10.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.