Things to do in the Myrtle Beach area on March 29
03/28/2014 5:00 PM
03/24/2014 12:52 PM
Multiple special events• Ninth annual Race for the Inlet, benefiting Murrells Inlet 2020 preservation group, 8 a.m. March 29 at Morse Park Landing, on U.S. 17 Business in Murrells Inlet. Register 6:45-7:45 a.m. at park: fees $30 for 8K or 5K run or walk (with chip timing) or $25 for 5K run or walk, with no chip. 357-2007 or www.murrellsinletsc.com.
• “2014 Run for the Shelter” 5K run and 1-mile Dog Walk – benefiting The Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach – at 9 a.m. at new North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex, 150 Citizens Circle, Little River, at Robert Edge Parkway and S.C. 31. Run fee $30, walk $15, at site. 249-4948 or www.humanesocietynmb.org.
• “Art in Common” Arts and Crafts Festival – by Seacoast Artists Gallery of Myrtle Beach 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. Free. 232-7009 or www.seacoastartistsguild.com.
• All 4 Paws Animal Rescue grand opening, puppy parade 9-11 a.m. and open house 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at 708 Petigru Drive, Pawleys Island. 359-4969 or all4pawssc.org.
• Quilt exhibit and sale benefit, in final day, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in Mercy Care community room, 8216 Devon Court, Myrtle Beach, off 82nd Parkway. Free. 848-6497 or www.mercyhospice.org.
• Kids Appreciation Day, 10 a.m.-3 p.m at Apache Family Campground & Pier arcade, 9700 Kings Road, north of Myrtle Beach. Free. 497-6486.
• Myrtle Beach Antiques Show, in final day, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church, 3301 33rd Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, at U.S. Bypass. $6. 813-228-0038.
• “Planes, Trains, and Automobiles” display and benefit Pretty in Pink Foundation of Raleigh by Southeastern Modelers Flying Club, Grand Strand Model Railroaders and Let’s Go Racing, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. Free. 293-4386 or www.gsmrrc.org.
• FUN (Faith United Neighbors) Festival, by Mason Temple Church of God in Christ, of Conway, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. in Conway Recreation Center, 1515 Mill Pond Road. 248-2825.
• “Get Green for Spring – Ask the Experts Q&A,” coordinated by Low County Herb Society, fielding herbal, gardening and lawn questions from the public. 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in Georgetown County Library Waccamaw Neck Branch, 24 Commerce Lane, Pawleys Island, west of U.S. 17. Free. www.lcherbsociety.info.
• A Fourth annual Biker Bluegrass Festival, benefiting Veterans Welcome Home & Resource Center of Little River (427-4568 or www.veteranswelcomehomeandresourcecenter.org), 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Harley-Davidson, 4710 S. Kings Highway, just south of Myrtle Beach line, with Subject To Change, All That! and Saw Grass. Free. 369-5555 or www.myrtlebeachharley.com.
• Cruise-ins: by Myrtle Beach Car Club (742-9802), 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Maggi D’s Fine Italian Cuisine, 407 Seaboard St., Myrtle Beach, across from Coastal Grand mall; and Hot Rod Promotions (503-8245), 1-4 p.m. at Tee Box Tavern, 4620 Dick Pond Road (S.C. 544). Both free.
• Grand Strand British Car Club, meet-and-greet and car show with N.C. MG Car Club, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. at Wahoo’s Raw Bar & Marina, 3993 U.S. 17 Business S., on Murrells Inlet Marshwalk. Free. 902-0491 or grandstrandbritishcarclub.com.
• “Music & Bonfire Celebration,” noon-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River. Free. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
South by Southeast Music Fest, benefiting local school music programs, with Randall Bramblett Band, at Myrtle Beach Train Depot, 851 Broadway St. – dinner at 6:30 p.m., concert at 7:30. $20 advance or $25 at door. 251-6402 or www.southbysoutheast.org.• Vine and Branches Home Educators Student Council Talent Show fundraiser, 7-9 p.m. at Glenns Bay Baptist Church, 1835 Glenns Bay Road, west of Surfside Beach. $5 ages 13 and older, $3 ages 3-12. Email: email@example.com.
• Oak Ridge Boys concert, 7 p.m. at Alabama Theatre (home of “One the Show”), at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, for $40.95, $48.95 or $56.95. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 or www.alabama-theatre.com.
Four plays under way• “Always ... Patsy Cline,” 3 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at Carolina Forest High School, 700 Gardner Lacy Road, east of U.S. 501. $20. 236-7997 or www.cfhsshows.com.
• “Cinderella” by Coastal Youth Ballet Theatre, 4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at Beach Church, 557 George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach. $20 ages 13-64, and $15 ages 3-12 and 65 and older. 839-5678 or www.cybt.org.
• Brunswick Little Theatre’s Stagestruck Players, in “Dear Edwina Jr.,” 7:30 p.m. (and April 4-6 and 3 p.m. March 30 and April 6) at Brunswick Center at Southport, 1513-1 N. Howe Street, Southport, N.C., behind Wingate Inn. $14 adults, $10 students with ID, and $5 ages 12 and younger. Details at 910- 471-7741 or www.brunswicklittletheatre.com.
• “The Nerd” by Atlantic Stage, through April 13: 7:30 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays at the CCU Myrtle Beach Education Center’s 79th Avenue Theatre, at U.S. 17 Bypass – $27.50 general admission; $22.50 seniors (ages 55 and older)/educators/military; $17.50 students, including Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members; and $10 side section seats. 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.