Multiple special events• Ninth annual Race for the Inlet, benefiting Murrells Inlet 2020 preservation group, 8 a.m. March 29 at Morse Park Landing, on U.S. 17 Business in Murrells Inlet. Register 6:45-7:45 a.m. at park: fees $30 for 8K or 5K run or walk (with chip timing) or $25 for 5K run or walk, with no chip. 357-2007 or www.murrellsinletsc.com.
• “2014 Run for the Shelter” 5K run and 1-mile Dog Walk – benefiting The Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach – at 9 a.m. at new North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex, 150 Citizens Circle, Little River, at Robert Edge Parkway and S.C. 31. Run fee $30, walk $15, at site. 249-4948 or www.humanesocietynmb.org.
• “Art in Common” Arts and Crafts Festival – by Seacoast Artists Gallery of Myrtle Beach 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. Free. 232-7009 or www.seacoastartistsguild.com.
• All 4 Paws Animal Rescue grand opening, puppy parade 9-11 a.m. and open house 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at 708 Petigru Drive, Pawleys Island. 359-4969 or all4pawssc.org.
• Quilt exhibit and sale benefit, in final day, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in Mercy Care community room, 8216 Devon Court, Myrtle Beach, off 82nd Parkway. Free. 848-6497 or www.mercyhospice.org.
• Kids Appreciation Day, 10 a.m.-3 p.m at Apache Family Campground & Pier arcade, 9700 Kings Road, north of Myrtle Beach. Free. 497-6486.
• Myrtle Beach Antiques Show, in final day, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church, 3301 33rd Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, at U.S. Bypass. $6. 813-228-0038.
• “Planes, Trains, and Automobiles” display and benefit Pretty in Pink Foundation of Raleigh by Southeastern Modelers Flying Club, Grand Strand Model Railroaders and Let’s Go Racing, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. Free. 293-4386 or www.gsmrrc.org.
• FUN (Faith United Neighbors) Festival, by Mason Temple Church of God in Christ, of Conway, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. in Conway Recreation Center, 1515 Mill Pond Road. 248-2825.
• “Get Green for Spring – Ask the Experts Q&A,” coordinated by Low County Herb Society, fielding herbal, gardening and lawn questions from the public. 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in Georgetown County Library Waccamaw Neck Branch, 24 Commerce Lane, Pawleys Island, west of U.S. 17. Free. www.lcherbsociety.info.
• A Fourth annual Biker Bluegrass Festival, benefiting Veterans Welcome Home & Resource Center of Little River (427-4568 or www.veteranswelcomehomeandresourcecenter.org), 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Harley-Davidson, 4710 S. Kings Highway, just south of Myrtle Beach line, with Subject To Change, All That! and Saw Grass. Free. 369-5555 or www.myrtlebeachharley.com.
• Cruise-ins: by Myrtle Beach Car Club (742-9802), 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Maggi D’s Fine Italian Cuisine, 407 Seaboard St., Myrtle Beach, across from Coastal Grand mall; and Hot Rod Promotions (503-8245), 1-4 p.m. at Tee Box Tavern, 4620 Dick Pond Road (S.C. 544). Both free.
• Grand Strand British Car Club, meet-and-greet and car show with N.C. MG Car Club, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. at Wahoo’s Raw Bar & Marina, 3993 U.S. 17 Business S., on Murrells Inlet Marshwalk. Free. 902-0491 or grandstrandbritishcarclub.com.
• “Music & Bonfire Celebration,” noon-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River. Free. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
South by Southeast Music Fest, benefiting local school music programs, with Randall Bramblett Band, at Myrtle Beach Train Depot, 851 Broadway St. – dinner at 6:30 p.m., concert at 7:30. $20 advance or $25 at door. 251-6402 or www.southbysoutheast.org.• Vine and Branches Home Educators Student Council Talent Show fundraiser, 7-9 p.m. at Glenns Bay Baptist Church, 1835 Glenns Bay Road, west of Surfside Beach. $5 ages 13 and older, $3 ages 3-12. Email: email@example.com.
• Oak Ridge Boys concert, 7 p.m. at Alabama Theatre (home of “One the Show”), at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, for $40.95, $48.95 or $56.95. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 or www.alabama-theatre.com.
Four plays under way• “Always ... Patsy Cline,” 3 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at Carolina Forest High School, 700 Gardner Lacy Road, east of U.S. 501. $20. 236-7997 or www.cfhsshows.com.
• “Cinderella” by Coastal Youth Ballet Theatre, 4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at Beach Church, 557 George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach. $20 ages 13-64, and $15 ages 3-12 and 65 and older. 839-5678 or www.cybt.org.
• Brunswick Little Theatre’s Stagestruck Players, in “Dear Edwina Jr.,” 7:30 p.m. (and April 4-6 and 3 p.m. March 30 and April 6) at Brunswick Center at Southport, 1513-1 N. Howe Street, Southport, N.C., behind Wingate Inn. $14 adults, $10 students with ID, and $5 ages 12 and younger. Details at 910- 471-7741 or www.brunswicklittletheatre.com.
• “The Nerd” by Atlantic Stage, through April 13: 7:30 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays at the CCU Myrtle Beach Education Center’s 79th Avenue Theatre, at U.S. 17 Bypass – $27.50 general admission; $22.50 seniors (ages 55 and older)/educators/military; $17.50 students, including Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members; and $10 side section seats. 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach