Plethora of outings• “Run to the Sun” car show benefit finale, by Pee Dee Street Rodders, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at former Myrtle Square mall site, on Kings Highway, between 21st and 29th avenues North, in Myrtle Beach. Free to see. Car registration $45 – 8 a.m.-11 a.m. at Sheraton at Myrtle Beach Convention Center, across Oak Street, at 21st Avenue North. www.peedeestreetrodders.com.
• Dickerson African Methodist Episcopal Church Gullah Historical Committee fundraising weekend, final day, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. at church, 614 Henry St., Georgetown (at Merriman Road and Bourne Street, across from International paper), with thrift sale and sales of gumbo stew. Details at 237-9603, 237-9574 or 546-0313.
• “Diggin’ It” Spring Garden Festival, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach. Free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12. 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
• Equinox Art & Music Fest, by Create! Conway, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Historic Horry County Court House, 1201 Third Ave., Conway, with concerts by Big Bam Boom at 10:30 a.m., Rusty Henderson 11:30, Dan Barnhart 12:30 p.m., Charles Grace 1:30, Jesse Uzzel 2:30, and Brian Roessler 3:30. Free. 248-4527 or createconway.com.
• Grand Strand Miracle Leagues’ baseball season opener, with “Just for Fun” game at 10 a.m. and celebrity challenge 11 a.m., at James C. Benton Miracle League Field, on 33rd Avenue North behind Myrtle Beach’s Pepper Geddings Recreation Center, 3205 N. Oak St. 448-7712 or www.grandstrandmiracleleague.com.
• Grand Strand/Pee Dee “Walk to Defeat ALS,” 10 a.m., 3 miles in Myrtle Beach’s Grand Park, on Farrow Parkway, across from The Market Common and city’s Valor Memorial Garden. Donations welcome. 866-492-4821 or www.alsa.org.
• Spring Swing/Big Band Fest with Andrew Thielen Big Band, noon-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, at 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $10 or bring two canned/dry good items for area food banks for $3 discount. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
• Third annual “Salute to Women of the Military, Past and Present,” by Rolling Thunder Chapter 3 Grand Strand, 12:30 p.m. at St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church in Myrtle Beach. Register with Patricia Brammer at 293-4897, email@example.com, or Robin Arakas at 267-8046, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Ragtime, the Musical” by Carolina Forest High School Drama Department, 3 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, at school, 700 Gardner Lacy Road, east of U.S. 501. $20. 236-7997 or www.cfhsshows.com.
• Hot Rod Promotions Cruise-In, 5-8 p.m. at Pirateland Family Camping Resort, 5401 S. Kings Highway, just south of Myrtle Beach State Park. Free. 503-8245.
• Tempo 54 Drumline, 5:30 p.m. March 22 in Coastal Carolina University’s HTC Center, off U.S. 501 in Conway. $7 general ages 13 and older; and $5 CCU/Horry-Georgetown Technical College students, faculty and staff, and for ages 12 and younger. 349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/culturalarts.
• Peter Fletcher, a classical guitarist promoting his “Edvard Grieg” CD, , 7-8:30 p.m. at Winyah Auditorium, 1200 Highmarket St., Georgetown. Tickets $10, and benefiting Friends of the Georgetown Library. 545-3300 or www.georgetowncountylibrary.sc.gov, and www.peterfletcher.com.
• Kingston Trio, 7 p.m. at Alabama Theatre (home of “One the Show”), at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach, for $29.95, $34.95 or $39.95. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 or www.alabama-theatre.com.
• “Music for the Soul: A Lenten Choral Concert,” benefiting Street Reach shelter in Myrtle Beach in two spots: 7 p.m. at Church of the Resurrection, 8901 U.S. 17 Bypass, west of Surfside Beach. Suggested donation $10 adults, and $7 students and seniors, and free child care available. 448-8426 or www.trinitymyrtlebeach.org.
• “The Nerd,” by Atlantic Stage: though April 13: 7:30 pm. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays at Coastal Carolina University Myrtle Beach Education Center’s 79th Avenue Theatre, at U.S. 17 Bypass – $27.50 general admission; $22.50 seniors (ages 55 and older)/educators/military; $17.50 students, including Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members; and $10 side section seats. 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach