Three St. Pat’s events
Three St. Patrick’s’ Day events are planned:
• “Armchair Travel” program, “Explore Ireland,” with Seamus O’Neal, discussing his travels in Ireland with photos and a documentary, at 11 a.m. at Horry County Memorial Library Carolina Forest branch, 2250 Carolina Forest Blvd., east of U.S. 501, for free. Details at 915-5282 orwww.hcml.org
Never miss a local story.
• St. Patrick’s Day Party, noon-5 p.m. at Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10420, 4359 U.S. 17 Bypass, Murrells Inlet, with meals of corned beef and cabbage for $9, and shepherd’s pie for $7. 651-6900.
• “Green Pride” St. Patrick’s Day Party, 4 p.m. at Castano’s Italian Steakhouse, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach – wear some green and receive $5 off an order of at least $20. 361-2000 orwww.castanosrestaurant.com
Camellia Society convenes
The Grand Strand Camellia Society will meet, this time discussing actual live air layering of camellias – with this process, camellias air layered now can be harvested in October to have some blooms during the coming fall or winter season. Details at 995-1256 or www.atlanticcoastcamelliasociety.org/gscs.html.
Details | 4:30 p.m. at Horry County Memorial Library Surfside Beach branch, 410 Surfside Drive; guests welcome.
‘Opry,’ ‘Vibrations’ discount
Local discounts, covering residents of 12 proximate counties, including Horry, Georgetown and Brunswick, continue through April 4 for “The Carolina Opry” and “The Good Vibrations Show,” respectively. Details at 913-8888, 913-4000, 800-843-6779 or www.thecarolinaopry.com.
Details | Each 7 p.m. – “Opry” on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, “Good Vibrations” Tuesdays and Fridays – at Calvin Gilmore Theatre, on U.S. 17 Business at U.S. 17 Bypass on north tip of Myrtle Beach, for, plus tax: $20 adults, $10 children, with six-person limit.
Two deals for ‘One’
For “One the Show,” with shows at 7:30 p.m. daily this week through Friday and including comedian Grant Turner as Ricky Mokel, two separate deals are available. Details at 272-1111, 800-342-2262 or www.alabama-theatre.com:
• Local residents who show a photo ID receive buy-one-get-one-free admission through March. Tickets are, plus tax, $31.90, $38.25 or $43.75 for ages 17 and older, and $16.40 ages 16 and younger.
• Free admission for as many as two children, 16 or younger, with a paid adult ticket at regular rate, through April.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach