• Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery St. Patrick’s Day 5K Kilt Run, at Broadway at the Beach, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach, 1-mile family fun run ($15 registration – or free with paid entry into 5K) at 8:30 a.m., and 5K run/walk ($30) at 9 a.m., with party afterward, including Irish breakfast buffet for participants ($10 for others). Register on site at 7 a.m.www.grandstrandrunner.com
• A Way to Play dog agility club competition finale, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at A Dog’s Way Inn, 761 Pendergrass Ave., Murrells Inlet, west off U.S. 17, behind T-Bones Steak House. Free to watch. 357-4545.
• “Piano Series,” with Bennie Woods at 4 p.m. at Coastal Carolina University Edwards Recital Hall, on main campus in Conway. $5 general admission; $3 CCU/Horry-Georgetown Technical College students, faculty and staff; and free for children. 349-2787 orwww.coastal.edu/culturalarts
White elephant sale, noon-2 p.m. at Jensen’s Retirement Community clubhouse, in Garden City Beach, accessible from U.S. 17 Business, across from Kroger, or Victory Lane off Garden City Connector, off U.S. 17 Bypass. Free. 651-1334.
• “Sojun tu Gullah Geechee (Sojourn to Gullah Geechee)” exhibit in final day, noon-4:30 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, open 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Free with admission: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12. 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or
• Waccamaw Arts and Crafts Guild meeting, 1:30 p.m. in Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum, 3100 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, with George Kosinski, watercolor artist, showing slides of travels to, and watercolor paintings, of Jerusalem. 333-4669, or email@example.com
. Also final day of “Julyan Davis: Appalachian Ballads” exhibit in museum, for free. 238-2510 or
• Second annual “Blues for the Cure,” with many local musicians, benefiting Relay for Life, 2-6 p.m. at SBB Original, 3393 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. Donations requested. 651-7960 orwww.suckbangblow.com
• Myrtle Beach Orchid Society meeting, with everyone invited to bring plants for display, and viewing of DVD on orchid culture, 2:30 p.m. at Grand Strand Senior Center, 268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 236-2221 or 910-579-7089.
• Fourth annual “Laugh Out Loud” Comedy Show, benefiting Conway Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Club of Conway, 3 p.m. in Coastal Carolina University’s Wheelwright Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway, with Basile, Tommy Blaze, Cooter Douglas and Drew Thomas. $20. 248-2273 orwww.lolcomedyshow.org
• Festive Brass of Myrtle Beach concert at 3 p.m. at First United Methodist Church of Myrtle Beach, 901 N. Kings Highway (U.S. 17 Business). 361-1942.
• “Rick Alviti & His Showband Tribute to Elvis,” 7 p.m. at Alabama Theatre (also home of “One the Show”) at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, for $27.40 or $34.95. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 orwww.alabama-theatre.com
• “Burning of the Socks” spring benefit, 4-7 p.m. at S.C. Maritime Museum, 729 Front St., Georgetown. $25 members, otherwise $30. 520-0111 or scmaritimemuseum.org.
Two plays in final day
“The Constant Wife,” by Swamp Fox Players, 2:30 p.m. at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown. $15. 527-2924 or www.swampfoxplayers.com.
• “Monty Python’s ‘SpamALot,’ ” by Theatre of the Republic, 3 p.m. at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main St., Conway. $21. 488-0821 orwww.theatreoftherepublic.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach