Join cruise-in, dinner
Two auto-related events are in gear:
• Cruise-in by Hot Rod Promotions, for all cars noon-3 p.m. March 9 at Cheesesteak U, 1867 S.C. 544, Conway, just north of Food Lion and Sonic. Free. Details at 503-8245.
Never miss a local story.
• Myrtle Beach Corvette Club, monthly meeting, this time at 5 p.m. at Brunswick Plantation Golf and Resort clubhouse in Calabash, N.C. Dinner $20. 294-0127 orwww.myrtlebeachcorvetteclub.com
Learn to ID shells
In “What Dwells in a Shell” Sundays this month, learn how to identify seashell treasures found on the beach and learn what lives in them. Details at 238-0874 or www.myrtlebeachsp.com.
Details | 2-2:30 p.m. (park open 6 a.m.-10 p.m.) at Myrtle Beach State Park nature center, on U.S. 17 Business, one mile south of Ocean Boulevard/Farrow Parkway; free with admission: $5 ages 16 and older, $3.25 S.C. seniors, and $3 ages 6-15.
Two of four plays end
• “The Constant Wife,” by Swamp Fox Players, 2:30 p.m. at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown. $15. 527-2924 or
• “Monty Python’s ‘SpamALot’ ” by Theatre of the Republic, 3 p.m. $21. 488-0821 orwww.theatreoftherepublic.com
• “Barefoot in the Park,” finale,. 3 p.m. at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common, Myrtle Beach, between Nevers and Lewis streets. $15 advance, $18 at door. 232-0339 orwww.stagelefttheatremb.com
• “Shrek the Musical,” finales, 3 and 7 p.m., at Socastee High School, on S.C. 707, near Dick Pond Road. $12 or $17. Details at 293-9041 or socasteeperformingarts.com.
Long Bay goes opera
The Long Bay Symphony presents “An Evening at the Opera,” featuring Kirstin Chávez, mezzo-soprano, as well as the Carolina Master Chorale (www.caroinamasterchorale.com), and Litchfield Ballet Company of Litchfield Beach. The program includes Verdi’s “Il Trovatore” and “Aïda,” Saint-Saëns’ “Samson and Delilah,” Bizet’s “Carmen” and Mozart’s “Marriage of Figaro” and “Magic Flute.” Also, join Maestro Charles Jones Evans at 3:15 p.m. in the school cafeteria for a pre-concert talk. Details at 448-8379 or www.longbaysymphony.com.
Details | 4 p.m. at Myrtle Beach High School, on Grissom Parkway, between 29th and 38th avenues North, for $40, $45 or $50, and $15 for students 22 and younger with ID.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach