May the luck of the Irish be with you! If you’re looking for a good Myrtle Beach St. Patrick’s Day party, you’re already in luck. We’ve got three great ones to choose from next weekend, and they’re all free.
This weekend also looks to have a good mix of free activities. Here’s what’s happening:
• The final round of the Hard Rock Rising Battle of the Bands competition will take place at 9 p.m. March 7 on the Hard Rock stage in Celebrity Square. Admission is free. Three bands will be competing for an all-expense paid trip and a guaranteed spot on stage to play Hard Rock Live Rome, in front of 40,000 fans, in Italy.
Never miss a local story.
• On Saturday, the Town of Surfside Beach is holding a BBQ Festival from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Surfside Drive. Admission is free. This event includes food and craft vendors, live music and kids’ activities.
• The 53rd annual Canadian-American Days Celebration begins on Saturday and runs through March 16. There will be free live entertainment at multiple venues. Go to
for the schedule.
• The annual Downtown Myrtle Beach St. Patrick’s Day Festival will take place from noon to midnight on Ocean Boulevard in downtown Myrtle Beach. Admission is free. This event includes live music, Irish food and beer for purchase, a Kidz Zone, games, and contests.
• The Market Common is holding its fifth annual Irish Fest from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is free. This event includes Irish food and beer for purchase, live entertainment, kids’ activities and vendors. You might want to bring a chair.
• The North Myrtle Beach St. Patrick’s Day Parade starts at 9 a.m. on Main Street, and is followed by the North Myrtle Beach St. Patrick’s Day festival, which runs until 4 p.m. This event includes live entertainment, food and craft vendors, contests, and a children’s area with rides and games. Admission is free.