Two free movies
Catch a free movie in two places:
• “White House Down” starring Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx, and rated PG-13, at 3 p.m. for adults and seniors, at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Farrow Parkway and The Market Common. Details at 918-2380.
Never miss a local story.
• “Friday Night at the Movies,” with host David Zinman, “Annie Hall,” a multiple Oscar winner from 1977 and rated PG, at 7 p.m. (rescheduled from March 14) at Georgetown County Library’s Waccamaw Neck branch, 24 Commerce Lane, Pawleys Island, west of U.S. 17, behind Pastaria 811. Call 545-3623.
‘Pawcake Dinner’ benefit
An annual “Pawcake Dinner” will benefit All 4 Paws, a shelter based at 67 Waverly Road, Pawleys Island, and open 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays. Details at 506-2688.
Details | 5-7 p.m. at Applewood House of Pancakes, 14361 Ocean Highway, for $10.
Weekly senior dance
The city of Myrtle Beach continues a season of weekly senior dances through April 11. DJ Ed Brown supplies the music for this evening, and on March 21. Details at 918-2381 or www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com.
Details | 7-10 p.m. at Myrtle Beach’s Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Drive, near The Market Common, for $7.
Daddies, daughters dance
Join the second annual Murrells Inlet Daddy-Daughter Dance.” Details at 651-5099 or www.belinumc.org.
Details | 7-10 p.m. at Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, 4182 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. $25 couple (daughters of all ages with dads, grandfathers and special father figures) and $30 for more than one daughter. Tickets also available at Lee’s Inlet Apothecary and Gifts, 3579 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet (651-7979).
Pick from various plays
• “Monty Python’s ‘SpamALot’ ” by Theatre of the Republic, through March 16: 7:30 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays, for $21. Details at 488-0821 orwww.theatreoftherepublic.com
• “The Constant Wife,” by Swamp Fox Players, 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday and March 13-15; and 2:30 p.m. Sundays through March 16, at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown, for $15. 527-2924 orwww.swampfoxplayers.com
• “The Cemetery Club” comedy, 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, and 3 p.m. Saturday, at Oceanside Village Community Center, 1711 U.S. 17 Business S., Garden City Beach – across from Tupelo Bay Golf Center and Bi-Lo, for $12. 650-4440.
• “Barefoot in the Park,” 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday and 3 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common, Myrtle Beach, between Nevers and Lewis streets, for $15 advance, $18 at door. 232-0339 orwww.stagelefttheatremb.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach