Home Show blooms
The Horry Georgetown Home Builders Association’s 34th annual Home Show continues with special seminars almost hourly. Details at www.mbhomeshow.com.
Broadway music benefit
The eighth annual “Dancing and Romancing” Broadway spectacular, benefiting the Myrtle Beach Rotary Club, stars the Long Bay Symphony, with Broadway guest artists Debbie Gravitte, Joan Hess and Kirby Ward, and the Carolina Master Chorale. Details at 448-8379, www.longbaysymphony.com and www.debbiegravitte.com.
Various special events
• “Tree Party Weekend” free seedling giveaway, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (and on Sunday – postponed from Feb. 15-16) at Murrells Inlet Seafood, 4886 U.S. 17 Business. Chicken bog and clam chowder $5 a cup. 457-8126 or lowcountrytrees.org.
• Book signing by Nicholas Mariano – author of two books published by Amazon: “Masai Mara Photo Safari” and “Masai Mara-A Photographic Safari” – 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Seacoast Artists Gallery, 3032 Nevers St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common, with book and calendar sales benefiting David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust (www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org
). 232-7009 orwww.seacoastartistsguild.com
• Annual Winter Carnival, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Lakewood Elementary School, 1675 Highway 396, just south of Myrtle Beach, by Prestwick Golf Club, off U.S. 17 Business, by Harley-Davidson dealer. 650-6768.
• Myrtle Beach Car Club cruise-in, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Hwy 55 Burgers, U.S. 17 Bypass, Murrells Inlet. Free. 742-9802.
• Winter Parrot Head Fest, noon-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $8; also, bring two canned/dry food items for food banks for $3 discount. 399-9463 orwww.labelleamie.com
• “The Cemetery Club” play, 3 and 8 p.m. in Oceanside Village Community Center, 1711 U.S. 17 Business S., Garden City Beach, off Melody Lane. $12. 602-0251.
• Pawleys Island Masonic Lodge oyster roast benefit for its community charitable donations, 5-9 p.m. at Hog Heaven Barbecue, 7147 Ocean Highway (U.S. 17), on south side of Pawleys Island. $25 ages 11 and older, otherwise free, including buffet line and iced tea. 457-9621 or 224-1029.
• “Grand Strand Choir Challenge,” 6 p.m. in Coastal Carolina University’s Wheelwright Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway, benefiting Each 1 Teach 1 youth program. $7 advance or $10 at door for ages 13 or older, otherwise $5. 349-2787 orwww.coastal.edu/culturalarts
• “South Carolina: Ain’t We Got Food” program, 7 p.m. at North Myrtle Beach Area Historical Museum (open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesdays-Saturdays, for $5 ages 19-59, $4 ages 60 and older, $3 ages 6-17, free ages 5 and younger), 799 Second Ave. N. $5. Reservations at 427-7668.www.nmbmuseum.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach