Things to do in the Myrtle Beach area on Feb. 15
02/14/2014 5:00 PM
02/12/2014 10:15 AM
So many ideas for outings
Special events are plentiful, some in a Valentine’s theme:• “Black History Fish Fry,” at Freewoods Farm, 9515 Freewoods Road, off Bay Road from S.C. 707 in Burgess community, with farm tour at 10 a.m., fireside chat with Kenneth L. McDowell at 11, fish-fry lunch 11:30 (for $8). Admission $5 ages 11 and older, otherwise $3. 650-9139 or www.freewoodsfarm.com.
• Mini RV Show & Presidents Day Weekend Celebration, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Apache Family Campground & Pier, 9700 Kings Road, at Lake Arrowhead Road, just north of Myrtle Beach. Free. 449-7323.
• “Love Your Pet” adoption event by Friends of Horry County Animal Care Center of Conway, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Tractor Supply Co., 3353 Church St. (U.S. 501), Conway. 733-2819 or www.friendsofhcacc.org.
• “The Sweetheart Pageant” by Belles of the Beach Pageants, 11 a.m. at North Myrtle Beach High School, 3750 Sea Mountain Highway. Spectators $5 ages 12 and older, $2 ages 2-11; and free younger than 2. 236-8789 or bellesofthebeachpageants.com.
• “Remembering Myrtle Beach: A Local History Series,” with Harold and Casey Hart, 11 a.m. at Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N., at Kings Highway. Free. 918-1282 or www.chapinlibrary.org.
• Myrtle Beach Car Club cruise-in, benefiting Sav-R-Cats (222-8057 or www.sav-r-cats.com), 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Joey Doggs, 1818 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach. Free. 742-9802.
• KidzTime Festival, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at Broadway at the Beach, on 21st Avenue North in Myrtle Beach, for free, including Captain America 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.; also fireworks at 8 p.m. Free. 444-3200, 800-386-4662 or www.broadwayatthebeach.com.
”Valentine Bonfire,” noon-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River. $3, or free with two canned/dry food items. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.• “Taste of Passion,” benefiting Carolina Master Chorale, 1-3 p.m. at Brightwater, 101 Brightwater Road, off International Drive and S.C. 31, northwest of Myrtle Beach. $0 individual, $50 couple. 444-5774 or www.carolinamasterchorale.com.
• Membership drive and open house, with WPDE-TV 15’s Cecil Chandler as guest speaker, 2:30 p.m. at Horry County Memorial Library Little River branch, 107 S.C. 57 N. 399-5541 or www.hcml.org.
• Strand Cinema: “Cabin in the Sky,” from 1943, at 2:30 p.m., and “Fruitvale Station” (2013) 7 p.m. at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown. Each $5 embers, otherwise $7. 527-2924 or www.strandcinema.org.
• “Into the Woods” finales, 3 and 7:30 p.m. in Coastal Carolina University’s Wheelwright Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway. $15 general; $10 CCU/Horry-Georgetown Technical College faculty, staff, alumni, OLLI members, seniors and teens; and $5 CCU/HGTC students and children. 349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/culturalarts.
• Rivertown Bluegrass Society concert with Trinity River Band, Alan Bibey & Grasstowne, and Lonesome Meadow, 5 p.m. at Horry-Georgetown Technical College Burroughs & Chapin Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway. $10 members, otherwise $12 for ages 12 and older, and free ages 12 and younger. 457-2854 or www.rivertownbluegrasssociety.com.
• “Valentine’s Celebration” benefit, 5 p.m. at Solid Rock Baptist Church, 675 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach. $12. 828-0726 or 997-8578.
• David Chaney of Myrtle Beach in Elvis tribute, 5 p.m. in front of Boardwalk Coffee House and The Bowery, near Ninth Avenue North and Ocean Boulevard, by Myrtle Beach boardwalk. No cover. 839-1230 and www.davidchaneymusic.com.
• Performance by four Youth America Grand Prix participants, 5:30-6 p.m. at Coastal Dance Centre, 3070 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common. Free. 839-5678 or www.coastaldancecentre.com.
• Concert by the Drifters, Coasters and Platters, 7 p.m. at Alabama Theatre, at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. $34.95, $42.95 or $48.95. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 or www.alabama-theatre.com.
• Grand Strand Beach Social Dancers’ dance, for all ages, 7 p.m. at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. $7. 492-4992.
• Listen Up Brunswick County benefit concert by Tracy Grammer ( www.tracygrammer.com), with Jim Henry, for Brunswick Homeless Coalition, 7:30 p.m. at Holden Beach Chapel Fellowship Hall, 107 Rothschild St., Holden Beach, N.C. $22 advance or $24 at door. 860-485-3354 or listenupbrunswickcounty.com.
• FILLER: Carolina Improv Company’s “Cupid’s Comedy Capers” finale, for adults, 7:30 p.m. at Uptown Theater in Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. $12.75 advance online or $14 at door. 272-4242 or www.carolinaimprov.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.