• The Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum is holding a Chinese New Year Celebration on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission is free. The festival will include a traditional dragon parade and lion dance, storytelling, Chinese dancers, chopstick lessons, games, lectures, demonstrations, family art workshops and more.
• At 10 a.m. on Saturday, all Lowe’s home improvement stores are holding a free workshop for kids ages 5-12. The kids will be building a love note holder. Go to http://lowesbuildandgrow.com/ to register your child.
• The first Annual Taste of the Marshwalk will be held on Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk. Admission is free. This event includes food and drink specials, live music, vendors, fishing and crabbing demos, face painting, bounce houses, pirate tours and more.
• On Sundays during the month of February, Rioz Brazilian Steakhouse is offering a 50 percent discount on their dinner buffet. The doors open at noon.
• WonderWorks is celebrating locals with Local Appreciation days every Monday through Friday through March 7. Admission is $14.99 for adults; $9.99 for kids (4-12) and seniors.
• The Oceanfront Merchants Association is holding a Country Music Kickoff from 2 to 8 p.m. on Saturday in Plyler Park. Admission is free. The festival will feature three country music bands.
• The annual Broadway at the Beach KidzTime Festival will take place on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is free. This event includes live performances, a farm animal exhibit, fire engine rides, mascot appearances and more. There will even be a special appearance by Captain America.