Special outings galore
Choose from some special outings this weekend:• “Old Smokehouse Day,” 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Horry County Museum’s L.W. Paul Living History Farm (open 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays), 2279 Harris Shortcut Road, north of Conway. Free. Details at 365-3596 or www.horrycountymuseum.org.
• Myrtle Beach Gun and Knife Show, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday) at Myrtle Beach Convention Center, on Oak Street and 21st Avenue North, for $8 ages 13 and older, and free for ages 13 and younger with paying adult. 540-953-0016, 888-715-0606 or www.cegunshows.com.
• “New Year Bonfire,” noon-5 p.m. (rescheduled from Jan. 18) at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River. $3 ages 18-79, otherwise free; also, bring two canned/dry food items for relay to area food banks and free admission. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
• “Las Vegas Night,” benefiting Rotary Club of Shallotte, N.C., 6-10:15 p.m. in Brunswick County Board of Realtors building, 101 Stone Chimney Road, Supply, N.C.. 910-755-7557 or 910-842-1658, or visit www.shallotterotaryclub.com.
• “The Amazing JoeJoe’s Magic Show,” benefitting The Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach (249-4948 or www.hsnmb.org), 7 p.m. at The Magic Shop, inside Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for $10. 272-1338.
“Home Run, The Movie,” movie night at 7 p.m., at Grace Church Waccamaw, 14323 Ocean Highway, Litchfield Beach, next to Applewood House of Pancakes, for free. 235-6400 or www.homerunthemovie.com.
Students on stage• “Cinderella,” by Aynor Middle School Drama and Choral Department, 3 and 7 p.m. (and 3 p.m. Sunday) at the school, 400 Frye Road. $8 advance or $10 at door; call 358-6000.
• Winter Piano Recital, 4 p.m. at Andy Owings School of Music & Performing Arts Center, in Coastal Grand mall in Myrtle Beach. 839-1505 or www.andyowingsmusic.com.
• Socastee High School Jazz Ambassadors, annual Jazz Dinner Dance and Silent Auction, 6 p.m. at Ocean Lakes Family Campground, at U.S. 17 Business and S.C. 544, just north of Surfside Beach. $10. 241-8273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Two other concerts• South by Southeast Music Feasts, with Wild Ponies, benefiting music programs in Horry County Schools, at Myrtle Beach Train Depot, 851 Broadway St., with pot-luck dinner at 6:30 p.m., concert at 7. $20 advance or $25 at door. Details at 251-6402 or www.southbysoutheast.org.
• Eddie Miles’ “A Salute to Elvis,” 7 p.m. at Alabama Theatre, at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, for $22.95, $26.95 or $31.95. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 or www.alabama-theatre.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach