• Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in, for all cars, noon-3 p.m. at Cheesesteak U, 1867 S.C. 544, Conway, near Food Lion. Details at 503-8245.
Never miss a local story.
• Myrtle Beach Corvette Club’s first monthly dinner meeting of 2014, 5 p.m. at Benjamin’s Calabash Seafood Buffet, 9593 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach. 284-0127 or
Two shows’ final day
• Grand Strand Boat & Sportsman Expo, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Convention Center, at Oak Street and 21st Avenue North, for $7 ages 12-64, $6 ages 65 and older, $5 ages 5-12, and free ages 4 and younger. Details at 336-233-0426 orwww.grandstrandboatshow.com
• Grand Strand Camellia Society’s 10th annual Camellia Show, 1-5 p.m. in Tara Conference Center at Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort, 14276 Ocean Highway, for free. 995-1256 orwww.atlanticcoastcamelliasociety.org/gscs.html
Take in a play
Choose a play:
• “A Jersey Country Girl,” finale at 3 p.m. at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main. St., Conway, for $18. Details at 488-0821 orwww.theatreoftherepublic.com
• “Driving Miss Daisy” by Atlantic Stage, through Feb. 2: 7:30 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays, at 79th Avenue Theatre, in Coastal Carolina University’s Myrtle Beach Education Center, at U.S. 17 Bypass, for $27.50 general admission; $22.50 seniors, (ages 55 and older) educators and military; $17.50 students, including Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members; and $10 side section seats.877-287-8587 orwww.atlanticstage.com
Double up on benefits
Choose a cause to support:
• Long Bay Symphony Guild ’s “An Old Hollywood Glitz and Glamour Tea,” benefiting symphony and youth scholarship programs, 1:30-4 p.m. at Pawleys Plantation Golf & Country Club, 70 Tanglewood Drive, Pawleys Island, off U.S. 17, for $35. Details at 448-8379 orwww.longbaysymphony.com
• Coastal Samaritan Counseling Soup Cook Off 4-6 p.m. at Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17 N., Little River, with more than 25 local restaurants as the Little River Wind-Jammers entertain. Tickets $7 for ages 3 and older, otherwise free, and include soup, dessert and beverage. All proceeds go to Client Assistance Fund for the North Strand Offices of Coastal Samaritan Counseling Center. 249-2329.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach