Special events at CCU
Coastal Carolina University has two special events on the main campus, in Conway:• Opening of “Portfolios: Senior Thesis Exhibition,” in Rebecca Randall Bryan Art Gallery, in Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts, open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 5-6 and 9-13, and noon-4 p.m. Dec. 14, for free. Details at 349-6454 or www.coastal.edu/bryanartgallery.
• “The Danserye,” a concert including 16th-century dance music, by CCU Symphonic Band, 8:30 p.m. in Wheelwright Auditorium. Admission $15 general; $10 CCU/Horry-Georgetown Technical College faculty, staff, alumni, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members, seniors and teens; and $5 CCU/HGTC students and children. 349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/culturalarts.
Choose from various Christmas events:• “Nights of a Thousand Candles, 3-10 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays through Dec. 21 at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, for $16 ages 13 and older, $8 ages 4-12, and free ages 3 and younger. 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
• “Candlelight Tour of Homes,” benefiting local charities, 5-9 p.m. at five sites in North Myrtle Beach, for $30. 655-2688.
• “Rivertown Christmas Celebration” kickoff, 6-8 p.m. including tree lighting at 6 p.m. at Conway City Hall, on Third Avenue. 248-6260 or http://conwayalive.com.
• Town of Surfside Beach tree lighting, 7 p.m. at town hall, 115 U.S. 17 Business N. 650-9548 or www.surfsidebeach.org.
• “A Winter Wonderland” by student show choirs, 7 p.m. Thursday-Friday at Socastee High School, on S.C. 707. $5. 293-9041.
• “Dailey and Vincent Bluegrass Christmas,” 7:30 p.m. at Brunswick Community College Odell Williamson Auditorium, off U.S. 17 in Supply, N.C. $30 ages 18-64, $28 ages 65 and older, and $11 ages 12 and younger. 910-755-7416 or www.bccowa.com.
• Sea Notes Choral Society’s “Christmas Gifts” concerts, 7:30 p.m. Thursday-Friday and 3 p.m. Sunday in Hatch Auditorium, N.C. Baptist Assembly at Fort Caswell, 100 Caswell Beach Road, Caswell Beach, N.C. Free. 910-253-1643.
• “Sorry! Wrong Chimney,” 8 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Dec. 22 at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common. $15 advance or $18 at door. 232-0339 or www.stagelefttheatremb.com.
• “RiffTrax Live: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians,” 8 p.m. at Cinemark at Coastal Grand mall in Myrtle Beach. $12.50 adults, $11.50 seniors/students and $10.50 children. 839-3225.
Tindel signs books
Delsie Tindel of Conway, author of “The Black Veil,” will have a book signing. Details at 915-7323 or www.hcml.org, and www.delsietindel.com.
Details | 6-7 p.m. at Horry County Memorial Library Conway branch, 801 Main St.
Comedians hit stages
Choose from two comedic slates nightly through Saturday, both at 8 p.m., with extra, later shows Friday-Saturday, each for $15:• Big Ed Caylor at Comedy Cabana, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach. 449-4242 or www.comedycabana.com.
• Josh Wolf at Carolina Comedy Club, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. 839-2565 or www.carolinacomedyclub.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach