Pair of cruise-ins
Two clubs have cruise-ins, both for free:
• Myrtle Beach Car Club (742-9802), 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (rescheduled from Nov. 23 because of rain) at Moe’s Southwestern Grill, 201 Graduate Road, Conway, off U.S. 501, across from Horry-Georgetown Technical College.
• Hot Rod Promotions (503-8245), noon-3 p.m. at Turner Custom Rides, 2997 Waccamaw Blvd., across from The Boathouse, near Fantasy Harbour, off U.S. 501 and George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach.
Special events galore
Various events are on tap:
• William Woodson signing copies of his debut book, “Waccamaw Gold,” 10 a.m.-noon at Seacoast Artists Gallery, 3032 Nevers St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common. 232-7009.
• “Christmas at the Dillon House,” 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at J.W. Dillon House Museum, 1108 W. Main St.., Dillon. 774-6122.
• “Pet Photo Sessions with Santa,” for All 4 Paws’ The Compassion Fund, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. weekly through Dec. 14 at All 4 Paws, 67 Waverly Road, Pawleys Island, for $10. 237-7297.
• “Holiday Spirits Bonfire,” 12:30-4:30 p.m. (rain date Dec. 7) at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, for $3 ages 18-79, or bring two canned/dry food items for relay to area food banks for admission, otherwise free. 399-9463 or
• “Christmas Regatta” cruise on Barefoot Princess Riverboat, from Barefoot Landing Marina, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, 3:45-8 p.m., for $40 ages 12 and older, $22 ages 2-11. 272-6796.
• “Intracoastal Christmas Regatta, for Yachts for Tots (bring new unwrapped toys) and Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach (donate items such as pet food and cat litter), 5-7 p.m. on Intracoastal Waterway from Little River Inlet south to Dock Holidays Marina in North Myrtle Beach.www.christmasregatta.com
• “Holidays on the Boardwalk,” on Myrtle Beach boardwalk, on Ocean Boulevard, near Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White (formerly 10th) Avenue North, including “A Blue Christmas with Elvis” tribute by David Chaney of Myrtle Beach, at 5 p.m. on Ninth Avenue (North) stage, and “Lighting of the Boardwalk” 6 p.m. 602-4813.
• Fireworks, 8 p.m. at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. 444-3200, 800-386-4662 orwww.broadwayatthebeach.com
Bluegrass fest finale
The 44th annual S.C. State Bluegrass Festival reaches its final day, with The Stevens Family at noon and 6:15 p.m., Marty Raybon and Full Circle 12:45 and 7:05, The Little Roy & Lizzy Show 1:40 and 8:05, Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver 2:30 and 9, and Dailey & Vincent at 3:30. Details at 706-864-7203 or www.adamsbluegrass.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach