Two ‘Turkey Trots’
Take your pick of ‘Turkey Trot’ benefits:
• Surfside Rotary Turkey Trot, for Surfside Beach Rotary Club: 10K (for $40 entry fee) and 5K ($35), each at 8:30 a.m.; 1-mile ($25) 8:35 a.m.; and Tot Trot (free) 10:15 a.m., all from Surfside Beach Pier parking lot, at Ocean Boulevard and Surfside Drive. Details at 267-7443 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Grand Strand Turkey Trot, for Claire Chapin Epps Family YMCA in Myrtle Beach (449-9622 orhttp://coastalcarolinaymca.org
): 1-mile ($30) at 8:30 a.m.; 8K ($35) and 5K ($33), each at 9 a.m.; and Tot Trot ($5) 10:15 a.m., all from Myrtle Beach’s Grand Park, on Farrow Parkway, by The Market Common.www.mbturkeytrotrun.com
Thanksgiving meals given
Several places welcome the public for free Thanksgiving meals and some company:
• 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Cherry Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 504 Church St., Conway. Details at 248-4900.
• 10 a.m.-noon by Georgetown Knights of Columbus Council, at St. Mary’s Catholic Church Parish Hall, 317 Broad St., Georgetown. 527-3272 (for delivery requests, leave name, address, directions, if necessary, and phone number).
• 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17 N., Little River. 249-2329.
• 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at Aunny’s Country Kitchen, 926 Front St., Georgetown. 461-4750, 325-3487 or 240-4160.
• 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. at The Shepherd’s Table, 1412A Gamecock Ave., Conway. 488-3663.
• noon-3 p.m. by Project NOAH (No One Alone on This Holiday), at Low Country Community Church, 4430 Murrells Inlet Road, Murrells Inlet. 651-3111.
• 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at Community Kitchen of Myrtle Beach, 1411 Mr. Joe White Ave. 444-9383.
Parade in Bucksport
The Bucksport community will have its 36th annual Thanksgiving Day Parade. Details at 397-2173 or 798-0980.
Bluegrass Fest opens
The 44th annual S.C. State Bluegrass Festival opens for three days through Saturday, on this day with Ted Jones and the Tarheel Boys, 1 and 6 p.m.; Spinney Brothers, 1:45 and 6:45; Grascals, 2:30 and 7:30; Russell Moore and IIIrd Tyme Out., 3:20 and 8:20; and Ted Larry Sparks & the Lonesome Ramblers, 4:10 and 9:10. Details at 706-864-7203 or www.adamsbluegrass.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach