Things to do in the Myrtle Beach area on Nov. 28
11/27/2013 5:00 PM
11/20/2013 2:49 PM
Two ‘Turkey Trots’
Take your pick of ‘Turkey Trot’ benefits:• Surfside Rotary Turkey Trot, for Surfside Beach Rotary Club: 10K (for $40 entry fee) and 5K ($35), each at 8:30 a.m.; 1-mile ($25) 8:35 a.m.; and Tot Trot (free) 10:15 a.m., all from Surfside Beach Pier parking lot, at Ocean Boulevard and Surfside Drive. Details at 267-7443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Grand Strand Turkey Trot, for Claire Chapin Epps Family YMCA in Myrtle Beach (449-9622 or http://coastalcarolinaymca.org): 1-mile ($30) at 8:30 a.m.; 8K ($35) and 5K ($33), each at 9 a.m.; and Tot Trot ($5) 10:15 a.m., all from Myrtle Beach’s Grand Park, on Farrow Parkway, by The Market Common. www.mbturkeytrotrun.com.
Thanksgiving meals given
Several places welcome the public for free Thanksgiving meals and some company:• 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Cherry Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 504 Church St., Conway. Details at 248-4900.
• 10 a.m.-noon by Georgetown Knights of Columbus Council, at St. Mary’s Catholic Church Parish Hall, 317 Broad St., Georgetown. 527-3272 (for delivery requests, leave name, address, directions, if necessary, and phone number).
• 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17 N., Little River. 249-2329.
• 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at Aunny’s Country Kitchen, 926 Front St., Georgetown. 461-4750, 325-3487 or 240-4160.
• 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. at The Shepherd’s Table, 1412A Gamecock Ave., Conway. 488-3663.
• noon-3 p.m. by Project NOAH (No One Alone on This Holiday), at Low Country Community Church, 4430 Murrells Inlet Road, Murrells Inlet. 651-3111.
• 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at Community Kitchen of Myrtle Beach, 1411 Mr. Joe White Ave. 444-9383.
Parade in Bucksport
The Bucksport community will have its 36th annual Thanksgiving Day Parade. Details at 397-2173 or 798-0980.
Details | 11 a.m. from James R. Frazier Community Center.
Bluegrass Fest opens
The 44th annual S.C. State Bluegrass Festival opens for three days through Saturday, on this day with Ted Jones and the Tarheel Boys, 1 and 6 p.m.; Spinney Brothers, 1:45 and 6:45; Grascals, 2:30 and 7:30; Russell Moore and IIIrd Tyme Out., 3:20 and 8:20; and Ted Larry Sparks & the Lonesome Ramblers, 4:10 and 9:10. Details at 706-864-7203 or www.adamsbluegrass.com.
Details | at Myrtle Beach Convention Center, at Oak Street and 21st Avenue North; tickets daily $35 general admission and $40 reserved seating for ages 16 and older, or $85 and $95, respectively, for a three-day pass; $20/$25 daily for ages 7-15, or $45/$50 for three-day pass; anyone 6 or younger free with paying parents; and $3 parking daily, but free for vehicles with handicap designation.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.