So many special events
Take your pick of this preponderance of special events:
• “Turkey Trot & Walk, 8:15 a.m.-noon benefit for and at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach. Entry fees vary per event. 237-2205 or www.active.com/pawleys-island-sc/running/brookgreen-gardens-turkey-trot-5k-2013?int=29-114-2.
• Charles Dickens Christmas Festival finale, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. in Southport, N.C., including “A Tribute to Charles Dickens” candlelight ceremony and ringing and singing in the holidays, 6-6:45 p.m. http://brunswickartscouncil.org.
• “Pet Portraits with Santa” benefit for Grateful Goldens Rescue of the Low Country, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Pet Galley, 4905-A U.S. 17 Bypass, Murrells Inlet. $20 photo package. 651-0138.
• C.C. Martin in Sunset Beach Concert Series, in benefit for Brunswick Family Assistance food bank, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in Village Park, on Queen Anne Street. $10 requested donation.www.brunswickfamily.org
• Murrells Inlet Oyster Roast, for Murrells Inlet 2020, 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m., outside Wicked Tuna Restaurant, on Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk, on U.S. 17 Business. Free admission, all-you-can-eat oyster roast tickets $30 advance atwww.murrellsinletsc.com
or $35 on site. 357-2007.
• “Taste of Cooking Home School,” 2 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Convention Center, at Oak Street and 21st Avenue North, for $20.www.myrtlebeachonline.com/tasteofhome
• “Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis,” 2-4 p.m. at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach (entry fees vary per event), and 19th annual Holiday Tree Lighting, 6 p.m., and fireworks at 8 p.m.www.arthritis.org
• Theatre of the Republic’s “Movies on Main” classics, “Miracle on 34th Street,” 3 p.m. at Main Street Theatre, 337 Main St., Conway, for $5. 488-0821.
• Book signing by Sandy Logan, featured artist, 3-6 p.m. at Art 7 Soul, An Artisan Gallery, 5001 N. Kings Highway, Suite 105, Myrtle Beach, in Rainbow Harbor plaza. 839-2727.
• “Always ... Patsy Cline,” 3 and 7:30 p.m. at Carolina Forest High School, 700 Gardner Lacy Road, for $20.www.cfhsshows.com
• “Horry County Dancing with the Stars,” 8 p.m. at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, 8121 Amalfi Place, Myrtle Beach, for $125 single. Also, vote for $10 atwww.horrydancing.com
and watch competition live on WWMB-TV 21.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach