Things to do in the Myrtle Beach area on Nov. 23
11/22/2013 5:00 PM
11/20/2013 12:19 PM
So many special events
Take your pick of this preponderance of special events:• “Turkey Trot & Walk, 8:15 a.m.-noon benefit for and at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach. Entry fees vary per event. 237-2205 or www.active.com/pawleys-island-sc/running/brookgreen-gardens-turkey-trot-5k-2013?int=29-114-2.
• Charles Dickens Christmas Festival finale, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. in Southport, N.C., including “A Tribute to Charles Dickens” candlelight ceremony and ringing and singing in the holidays, 6-6:45 p.m. http://brunswickartscouncil.org.
• “Pet Portraits with Santa” benefit for Grateful Goldens Rescue of the Low Country, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Pet Galley, 4905-A U.S. 17 Bypass, Murrells Inlet. $20 photo package. 651-0138.
• C.C. Martin in Sunset Beach Concert Series, in benefit for Brunswick Family Assistance food bank, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in Village Park, on Queen Anne Street. $10 requested donation. www.brunswickfamily.org.
• Murrells Inlet Oyster Roast, for Murrells Inlet 2020, 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m., outside Wicked Tuna Restaurant, on Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk, on U.S. 17 Business. Free admission, all-you-can-eat oyster roast tickets $30 advance at www.murrellsinletsc.com or $35 on site. 357-2007.
• “Taste of Cooking Home School,” 2 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Convention Center, at Oak Street and 21st Avenue North, for $20. www.myrtlebeachonline.com/tasteofhome.
• “Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis,” 2-4 p.m. at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach (entry fees vary per event), and 19th annual Holiday Tree Lighting, 6 p.m., and fireworks at 8 p.m. www.arthritis.org and www.broadwayatthebeach.com.
• Theatre of the Republic’s “Movies on Main” classics, “Miracle on 34th Street,” 3 p.m. at Main Street Theatre, 337 Main St., Conway, for $5. 488-0821.
• Book signing by Sandy Logan, featured artist, 3-6 p.m. at Art 7 Soul, An Artisan Gallery, 5001 N. Kings Highway, Suite 105, Myrtle Beach, in Rainbow Harbor plaza. 839-2727.
• “Always ... Patsy Cline,” 3 and 7:30 p.m. at Carolina Forest High School, 700 Gardner Lacy Road, for $20. www.cfhsshows.com.
• “Horry County Dancing with the Stars,” 8 p.m. at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, 8121 Amalfi Place, Myrtle Beach, for $125 single. Also, vote for $10 at www.horrydancing.com and watch competition live on WWMB-TV 21.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.