Another festive day
The multitude of festivals and special events this month continues, including:
• “Bridge2Bridge” Run benefit, in Front Street area in downtown Georgetown, with 5K run/walk, 12K run and half-marathon each 7:30 a.m. , and YMCA Kid’s Fun Run. Entry fees vary.www.bridge2bridgerun.com
• “Crocodile Rocks” Masters National ProMiniGolf Championship final day, 8 a.m. at Hawaiian Rumble Golf, 3210 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach. Free for spectators.http://prominigolf.com
• ShrimpFest, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. on Little River waterfront. $4 advance or $5 at gate for ages 13 and older, free ages 12 and younger. 249-6604.
• Harvest Home Weekend Festival, 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach. Free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12.www.brookgreen.org
• Gaither Fest final day, concerts at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. in Myrtle Beach Convention Center, at Oak Street and 21st Avenue North. $100 ages 13 and older, otherwise $35.http://gaither.com
• Waccamaw Heart Walk, 10 a.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Grand Park, on Farrow Parkway, across from The Market Common.www.waccamawheartwalk.org
• “Flock This Way!” benefit, with 1.3-mile walk at 10 a.m. ($25 ages 13 and older, otherwise $15) and “Flock Party” afterward, at Flying Fish Public Market & Grill, Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. 272-8349.
• Firehouse open houses for Fire Prevention Week, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Fire Department Fire Station 6, 970 38th Ave. N. (918-1221) and North Myrtle Beach Fire Station 1, 1015 Second Ave. S. (280-5621), and 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Surfside Beach Fire Department, 115 U.S. 17 Business N. (913-6369).
• “Cruise to the Coast” car and truck show benefit 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach. $20 entry fee; free for spectators.www.chicoracarclub.com/nmbshow.html
• Italian Festival, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. at St. Brendan the Navigator Roman Catholic Church, 5101 Ocean Highway W. (U.S. 17), Shallotte, N.C. Free. 910-575-2393.
• Cheerleading Clinic, for girls and boys ages in kindergarten through eighth grade, 11 a.m. in Coastal Carolina University HTC Center, off S.C. 544 in Conway. $40. 349-2820.
• Italian Festival, noon-8 p.m. at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach, off 21st Avenue North. Free.www.sonsofitalymb.com
• Oceanfront Merchants Association Oktoberfest, noon-11 p.m. on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, between Eighth and Ninth avenues North. Free.www.myrtlebeachoktoberfest.com
• Pleasure island Seafood, Blues & Jazz Festival, 12:30-10:30 p.m. at Fort Fisher Air Force Recreation Area, on U.S. 421 south in Kure Beach, N.C. $50 ages 13 and older, otherwise free. 910-458-8434.
• Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in, 1-4 p.m. at Poppy’s Burgers & Subs, 3290 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet, by Inlet Square mall. 503-8245.
• “Eeeeeeko Friendly” Party in the Plaza, 1-4 p.m. outside Ripley’s Aquarium, at Broadway at the Beach, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. Free. 916-0888.
• “Little White Dress Couture for the Cure, A Roaring Affair” benefit, 5:30 p.m. at The Dunes Golf and Beach Club, 9000 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. $65.www.caringinourlifetime.com
• Fall Art Show & Sale, opening with reception 6-8 p.m. and continuing daily through Oct. 21, at Seacoast Artists Gallery, 3032 Nevers St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common.www.seacoastartistsguild.com
• Dinner dance to benefit Providence Home teen shelter, 6-10 p.m. at Silver Coast Winery in Ocean Isle Beach, N.C. $30. 910-575-6575.
• Pawleys Island Festival of Music & Art finale, with The Movin’ Out Band, 7 p.m. at The Reserve Golf Club, 18 Reserve Drive, Pawleys Island, off U.S. 17. $25 or $35.www.pawleysmusic.com
• “International Observe the Moon Night,” 7 p.m. at Ingram Planetarium, 7625 High Market St., Sunset Beach, N.C. $8 ages 13-61, $7 ages 62 and older, $6 ages 3-12, and free ages 2 and younger. 910-575-0033.
• “Koozies for Boobies” Breast Cancer Awareness Party benefit, 8 p.m. at Wet Willie’s, at Broadway at the Beach.www.wetwillies.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach