The fall festival season is kicking into gear, so there are plenty of free (or cheap) outdoor events to choose from over the next few weeks. Here’s what’s happening:
• On weekends during the month of September, The United States Tennis Association and Nickelodeon are offering free Tennis Play Days for kids. The Play Days, which are open to all ages and skill levels, are designed to get kids active. Kids will have the opportunity to play tennis, as well as participate in a variety of tennis skills activities. Go tohttp://www.youthtennis.com/find_an_event/
Never miss a local story.
for dates and locations.
• On Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., the city of Conway is holding a Rivertown Dine-Around (a culinary tour of downtown Conway). Admission is free. Registration is required http://conwayalive.com. Participating restaurants will offer sample menu items for $2-$4 each.
• The annual Aynor Harvest Hoe-Down Festival will take place on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. in downtown Aynor. Admission is free. This event includes a parade (10 a.m.), live music, food and craft vendors, kids’ activities, a beauty pageant, a street dance and more.
• On Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m., the Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum in Myrtle Beach is holding a Gullah Culture Celebration. Admission is free. This event includes music, storytelling, educational activities and more.
• St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church is holding its annual Greek Festival beginning on Thursday and ending on Sunday. Admission is $1. This event includes Greek music, Greek dancers, Greek food, kids’ activities, raffles, vendors, church tours, a gift shop and more. Hours are from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and noon to 7 p.m. on Sunday.
• The annual Atalya Arts & Crafts Festival begins on Friday and runs through Sunday at the Atalaya home in Huntington Beach State Park. Adult tickets are $6 per day or $10 for a multi-day pass; kids $15 and under are free. Go tohttp://www.atalayafestival.com/
for a $1 off coupon. This event features more than 100 artisans. It also includes live music and food and craft vendors. Hours are from noon to 6 p.m. on Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
• On Saturday, the City of North Myrtle Beach is hosting the 10th annual Irish Italian Festival from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Main Street in North Myrtle Beach. Admission is free. This event includes live entertainment, food and craft vendors, street performers, a spaghetti-eating competition, kids’ activities and more.