Cruise-in at eatery
Hot Rod Promotions welcomes all cars at a cruise-in. Details at 503-8245.
Details | 6-9 p.m. at Hardee’s, 70 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach, for free.
‘Whose Beach’ at Improv
Never miss a local story.
See “Whose Beach Is It Anyway?” an audience-interactive improv comedy show based on the TV show “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Tuesdays and Fridays through Aug. 27. Details at 272-4242 or www.carolinaimprov.com.
Details | 7:30 p.m. at Carolina Improv Company in the Uptown Theater, by Bass Pro Shops in Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for $14 ages 12 and older, $12 ages 4-11.
‘Crazy Enough’ for free
Adults and seniors are invited to catch a movie every Friday, next with “Crazy Enough,” starring Chris Kattan and rated PG. Details at 918-2380.
Details | 3 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Farrow Parkway and The Market Common, for free.
Weekly concert series
Pick a Friday summer concert series:
• “Live After Five!” 5-9 p.m. Fridays through Aug. 15, next with Hot Sauce, by wave pool at Wild Water & Wheels, 910 U.S. Business S., Surfside Beach, for $9.95 for ages 3 and older; park opens 10 a.m. daily, with all-day rates available. Details at 238-3787 orwww.wild-water.com
• Ocean Isle Beach Concert Series, 6:30-8 p.m. Fridays through August, next with Carolina Breakers, outside Museum of Coastal Carolina, 21 E. Second St., Ocean Isle Beach, N.C., for free. http://oceanislebeach.com/free-summer-concerts-music-events-ocean-isle-beach/.
• “Concerts on the Lawn” at 7 p.m. with Fabulous SandSations, part of “Cool Summer Evenings” finale, 5-9 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens (open at 9:30 a.m. daily), on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach; free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12. 235-6000, 800-849-1931 orwww.brookgreen.org
• “Friday Night Lights” through August, next with Ben Wells, at 9 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along the Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to the Clarion Hotel; no cover charge. 903-2628 orwww.boathousemb.com/summer-concert-series/
Free movies in parks
Catch a movie outside in either of two series, both free and weather permitting:
• “Here Comes the Boom,” 8:30 p.m. in “Movies at McLean” at North Myrtle Beach’s McLean Park, 93 Oak Drive, south of Main Street, between First and Second avenues South. Details at 280-5570, ext. 1, or http://parks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=128:
• “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,” 9:15 p.m. in “Movies in the Park, in Conway’s Riverfront Park, on Elm Street. 248-1740 or www.conwayparksandrecreation.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach