Free ‘Mavericks’ movie
Adults and seniors are invited to catch a movie every Friday, next with “Chasing Mavericks,” starring Stacy Keach and rated PG. Details at 918-2380.
Details | 3 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Farrow Parkway and The Market Common, for free.
Weekly concert series
Never miss a local story.
Pick a Friday summer concert series:
• “Live After Five!” 5-9 p.m. Fridays through Aug. 15, next with Fab 2 (Beatles music), by wave pool at Wild Water & Wheels, 910 U.S. Business S., Surfside Beach, for $9.95 for ages 3 and older; park opens 10 a.m. daily, with all-day rates available. Details at 238-3787 or www.wild-water.com.
• Ocean Isle Beach Concert Series, 6:30-8 p.m. Fridays through August, next with the Legends of Beach, outside Museum of Coastal Carolina, 21 E. Second St., Ocean Isle Beach, N.C., for free. http://oceanislebeach.com/free-summer-concerts-music-events-ocean-isle-beach/.
• “Concerts on the Lawn” at 7 p.m. Fridays, next with Stirling Bridge, part of “Cool Summer Evenings,” 5-9 p.m. Wednesdays-Fridays through Aug. 9 at Brookgreen Gardens (open at 9:30 a.m. daily), on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach; free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12. 235-6000, 800-849-1931 orwww.brookgreen.org
• “Friday Night Lights” through August, next with Brinley Addington, at 9 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along the Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to the Clarion Hotel; no cover charge. 903-2628 orwww.boathousemb.com/summer-concert-series/
See Nacho Mama Band
The “Sounds of Summer” monthly series continues with the Nacho Mama Band, playing variety. Details at 280-5570, ext. 1, or http://parks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=18.
Details | 7-9 p.m., in North Myrtle Beach’s McLean Park, 93 Oak Drive, south of Main Street, between First and Second avenues South , for free.
Planetarium expands hours
Ingram Planetarium remains in summer mode, opening at 11 a.m. Mondays-Saturdays through Sept. 2, with this schedule of Sky Theater shows (Details at 910-575-0033 or visit www.museumplanetarium.org):
• “Legends of the Night Sky” (for half-price admission), “Undiscovered Worlds” at 1 p.m., “Dynamic Earth” 2 p.m., “Oasis in Space” 3 p.m. and “Seven Wonders” 4 p.m., each followed by a live star show.
• Various laser music shows at 5, 6 and 7 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays.
• Free programs at noon: “Exploration of Paul Dennis Science Hall” on Mondays, “Moons & Tides” Tuesdays, “Sea Turtle Talk” Wednesdays, “Meteorites: Hits & Misses” Thursdays, and “Science in Small Bytes” Fridays with different topics.
Details | 7625 High Market St., Sunset Beach, N.C., per theater show: $8 ages 13-61, $7 ages 62 and older, $6 ages 3-12), and free ages 2 and younger.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach