There seem to be an abundance of family-friendly activities to choose from this summer. Here’s a list that will get you through the next few weeks. All of these events are free:
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
• Mr. Nigel’s Music Show will take place on the stage in Hero’s Harbor at Broadway at the Beach every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. all summer. This is a family friendly, interactive music show. Admission is free.
Never miss a local story.
• All summer long, Barefoot Landing is offering free carousel rides on Saturdays (all day) to people of all ages.
• From 2 to 5 p.m. every Sunday throughout the summer, the town of Surfside Beach will be holding “Sunday Serenades” in the gazebo in Fuller Park. This free concert series features local singers and songwriters. You might want to bring a blanket or a chair.
• The annual Murrells Inlet July 4th Boat Parade starts at 5 p.m. at Garden City Point and follows the Murrells Inlet shoreline to the Hot Fish Club. The best place to watch the parade is from the Marshwalk. This event is free.
• Croissants Bistro and Bakery at 3751 Robert Grissom Parkway is having a cupcake eating contest from 3 to 5p.m. Admission is free. If you’d like to participate in the contest, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• From 9 a.m. to noon, all Home Depot locations will be holding a free workshop for kids ages 5-12. The kids will be building a surprise craft inspired by the new movie Despicable Me 2.
• At 9 p.m. every Thursday through August 29 (with the exception of July 4), the Town of Surfside Beach will be showing free movies in Martin Field. This week’s movie is Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days. You can get the full schedule on the Surfside Beach Facebook pageYou might want to bring a blanket or a chair.